SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Another battery drain issue / Where is the tele-aid module located?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 sl55 amg
Another battery drain issue / Where is the tele-aid module located?

I've been having a lot of trouble with my consumer electronics battery draining. I'm trying to do some more testing, does anyone know where the tele-aid module is located? Here are my problems:

Battery drains overnight and my key/remote doesn't work. Placing the key in the ignition doesn't trigger the relay to switch to the starter battery.

Only thing that worked was putting jumper cables on the electronics battery, and after waiting between 10min to 1 hour, the key would finally work.

Last night I noticed that my SOS light would blink every couple minutes and wake the command system. This is why I want to disconnect the module and see what happens. I pulled the fuses already, and the current draw was less, but it was still waking up constantly
Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG
You may want to check to the rear battery condition. Charge it fully using 6 amp setting for about 36 hours (automatic charger). Then, monitor to see how fast it drops down below 12.6 volts. If it goes quickly (less than a couple of hours), it is probably your battery that needs to be replaced (been there, done that).

Sorry I can't help with the SOS system.