SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Keyless-go issue

Old 07-08-2015, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Keyless-go issue

Hey guys, I just got back from the dealership and feel like I was robbed again.
I had them do a schedule A and replace the convenience battery on my 07. When I got it back my keys no longer unlock or lock the car when I'm within the 3' range from either door. The button on the drivers handle no longer works but the button on the passenger handle does. It will lock and unlock if I push the button on the key fob.
They tried to fix my trunk lid from not sucking down completely and told me that a vacuum line is leaking that operates door locks and the trunk line but they assure me they didn't touch the doors to create the problem.
Now the dealer is trying to convince me that I need to replace the door handles which seems comical. It sounds like I need to reset the keyless go somehow. Any suggestions?
Old 07-09-2015, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 SL550
Originally Posted by mcferrin
Hey guys, I just got back from the dealership and feel like I was robbed again.
I had them do a schedule A and replace the convenience battery on my 07. When I got it back my keys no longer unlock or lock the car when I'm within the 3' range from either door. The button on the drivers handle no longer works but the button on the passenger handle does. It will lock and unlock if I push the button on the key fob.
They tried to fix my trunk lid from not sucking down completely and told me that a vacuum line is leaking that operates door locks and the trunk line but they assure me they didn't touch the doors to create the problem.
Now the dealer is trying to convince me that I need to replace the door handles which seems comical. It sounds like I need to reset the keyless go somehow. Any suggestions?

I'd find another dealer.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
several problems, they say theres a leak. If you close the trunk listen at the handle / lock area. If you hear vaccum leak as it is trying to lock down, its the lock mech itself. Thats a known problem.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Just took it to another mechanic who reset the computer. I knew this would be a possibility after replacing the battery but the dealer insisted they had done it. $50 later the problem is fixed. Definitely know a dealer in Littleton that will never see another dime from me again!