SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Datalogs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016 | 09:16 PM

C43 AMG M113k swap
Datalogs?

Well I expect this could be another quiet thread, but I do see there are a few well versed and adept people on the forum so you never know...

At any rate, is there a chance that anybody here has logged their stock maps at all and would have some kind of typical .csv file to share (timing, injection, etc. etc.)? Ultimate dream would be oscilloscope of the cam and crank sensors to simplify my life, but I'll take what I can get.

I still have various mechanical items to take care of before I can even crank the engine on this swap over. Just looking to get some baseline info.
Old 12-02-2016 | 02:23 AM

2005 SL65 AMG, 04 S600
What is the purpose of this?
Are you planning on running a standalone ECU?

I maybe be able to get you a few timing maps that are RPM vs Load from the factory files.

Fuel maps are pointless, as fuel is easy to tune and is not in Ms unit in the original fuel maps.

Boost maps again, are also pointless.
Old 12-02-2016 | 10:41 AM

C43 AMG M113k swap
Any information you can supply would definitely be awesome

And yep, exactly, looking at going stand alone ECU on the swap. Working with ProEFI right now to make sure they can build me base firmware and preferably with stock triggers. The initial challenge is on the cam/crank triggers, confirming based index, when it fires the coils, injectors,etc.. As for the ProEFI, I'm most familiar with their software, have been saved by the many failsafes, love the traction control customization, and it can handle drive by wire, etc.. etc.. It is VE based as well, so you are right on the fuel values being useless as the ecu does the work. Confirming when OEM starts fuel injection would be better info.

For simplifying the base maps, timing referenced to rpm and load... whether only approximate against TPS or whatever would be a great starting point. Even if all you have is a raw log file with a bunch of the data, I can clean it up, make it presentable and post back for others to reference.
Old 12-02-2016 | 03:24 PM

2005 SL65 AMG, 04 S600
Stock timing map is attached.
No other data will be usefull really for a standalone. That will have to be all setup and adjusted custom.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
SL65 AMG timing map stock.bmp (759.0 KB, 206 views)
The following users liked this post:
whatthe5 (12-04-2016)
Old 12-05-2016 | 02:51 PM

C43 AMG M113k swap
Thanks again with official message here this time.

Still need an actual oscilloscope of the cam and crank sensors for the ECU company to set up the firmware, and can work through the rest.

Don't suppose you have ever done this or have the tools?

Some of the lower end models look like they use same flexplate/triggers, dual spark plugs per cylinder philosophy, etc.. I could probably find one of these to put a scope on around here if that is indeed true.
Old 12-07-2016 | 12:09 PM

C43 AMG M113k swap
Have been doing a little more digging and I think a scope off of any of the supercharged or non-supercharged 4.3, 5.0, or 5.4/5.5L M113 derivative V8s of the era would work - CLK 430, CLK 500, G55 AMG, ML430, ML500, E500, E55 AMG, S430 (2000-2007ish? but some like G55 used this engine even much later). Part numbers for cam sprockets, cam/crank sensors, flexplate, etc. all appear the same anyway.

I've got the following info on the sensors from translating a french MB service doc that I found for the sensors, but can't seem to find an actual reference to an actual scope + diagnosis in the service manual that I have. I would think Mercedes would even have this info for their technicians when diagnosing the cam/crank sensors somewhere.

-----

L5 Crankshaft Position Transmitter
C Slot (2 missing teeth)
D Incremental pinion teeth (magnetic conductor)
The position of the crankshaft and the engine speed are entered without contact. The distance between the transmitter
The crankshaft position (L5) and the teeth (d) of the clutch disc (incremental wheel) is given by
Mounting position (approx. 0.8 mm).
When the crankshaft rotates, the teeth of the drive disk produce an AC voltage (induced)
In the crankshaft position transmitter

The front edge of a tooth (a) produces a positive voltage pulse and
The back edge of a tooth (b) a negative voltage pulse. The
Distance between the positive voltage peak and the negative voltage peak
Corresponds to the length of a tooth.
The slot (c) of the 2 missing teeth causes no tension
Produced in the crankshaft position transmitter. This niche
Serves to detect the TDC on cylinders 1 and 6.

A Front edge of a tooth
B Back edge of tooth
C Slot (2 missing teeth)
H Crankshaft position transmitter signal
L Shielded signal line
S Inductive coil
V Tension
-----

B6 / 1 Camshaft Hall Sensor
A Segment on camshaft sprocket
B PMH of ignition to cylinder 1
C Schematic representation of the Hall transmitter
D Rectangular Signal Transmitter Hall
The signal line of the cam shaft transmitter has a signal of
Voltage of approx. 12 V ("high"). When the segment of the
Cams passes in front of the cam shaft transmitter, the signal
Changes abruptly to 0 V ("low").
This signal "0 V" is used to recognize the ignition PMH at cylinder 1 (b)

In the absence of the signal from the cam shaft transmitter, the calculator ME determines the ignition PMH of the cylinder 1 (N3 / 10) arbitrarily.
The motor starts approx. 1 s later and the content of polluting gases is not optimal.