SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Sl55 'morph'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL55 AMG [650bhp Beast] - R107 300SL [Princess] - S204 [Donkey] - W124 E220 Cab [Classy Chick]
Sl55 'morph'

Hi all, I have a 2006 [pre-facelift] SL55 AMG - [197] with [281] Highly Spec'd. Externally - 18" Turbine's on Pirelli's [but may go for Michelen PS4's & potentially a Quaife LSD]. Brabus lowering system, AMG boot spoiler, Red brake calipers, Red engine cover, clear 3rd brake light, debadged apart from original Affalterbach boot & bonnet badges. It's a pretty well-known vehicle over here in the U.K with tuners / garages and other petrol heads. An absolutely mint car, no expense spared maintaining it and very tastefully modified. Performance wise 620+ bhp & 900+ Nm. Only internal modifications are, a tailor-made steering wheel [flat base, alcantara top & bottom, deleted +/- signs and matching stitching etc] totally transforms the look & feel, Aluminum F1 paddles, Dension Gateway 500 as I wanted to keep the COMAND stock but have flexibility with the music, latest style AMG seat logo badges and a SmartTop device. It's drives and looks like a racer and I love it :-)

I was looking at updating the rear to the SL63 bumper with diffuser & mesh grilles etc..I have two people that can supply, paint & fit this for me, no problem there. But then I started looking at the 3 slat front grille and know that I now need the updated front bumper to make sure it fits properly plus look correct. So, I then looked at the SL65 / Perf Pack front bumper upgrade, Again, I have two people that can supply, paint & fit this for me, no problem there. The much research and digging around was good for my upcoming website www.sl55amg.net which is yet to go live. Many thanks to two members on here that replied to my messages, it's much appreciated and thank you

Enough blabbing, my questions are: Has anyone done the both upgrades to their SL55? SL65 front with 3 slat grille & SL63 rear? What do people think about having both done? Do you think it's just making an SL55 into something it isn't?

My personal opinion from much looking at pictures of both ends, is that I think the car would look absolutely gorgeous. More aggressive and looking modern but not bling. I do not want bling whatsoever!!!

What's the general consensus chaps?

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Big_T; 01-04-2019 at 01:44 PM.