SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Anyone using Programa lowering module?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 02:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Anyone using Programa lowering module?

I know most people go with links for the simple and cheaper option but has anyone installed a Programa lowering module or Renntech which I believe is the same?
Old 04-18-2021, 12:02 PM
SPONSOR

Received 863 Likes on 670 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
you can lower your car with Xentry Das
no need for modules and by getting a system you will be able to fix all other future and current problem too
Old 04-18-2021, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 229 Likes on 172 Posts
2003 SL55 / 2002 SLK32
Originally Posted by intence
I know most people go with links for the simple and cheaper option but has anyone installed a Programa lowering module or Renntech which I believe is the same?
Renntech has 3 versions (at least) of lowering modules for Mercedes. Their V2 (version 2) is the same as the Programa module (no doubt, made for renntech by programa). I have had the programa module in my 2003 SL55 for 5 years and am essentially satisficed with it. This module, however, lacks one feature that it is advertised as having - the ability to raise up some (programable amount) at a set speed. I have tried to get this to work (and others have as well) and it just does NOT seem to be supported for the R230 - even though Programa said/says it is).

As Peter (BenzNinja) indicated, you can set the right height using the star tester thereby saving yourself the cost of the module (you can likely get a quality star tester for the cost of the V2/programa module). I myself have used the star tester for this and it is not particularly difficult. The only reason I got the module was for the "raise at set speed" feature that does not seem to exist.

Hope that helps,
Chris
Old 04-18-2021, 03:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by latemodel21
Renntech has 3 versions (at least) of lowering modules for Mercedes. Their V2 (version 2) is the same as the Programa module (no doubt, made for renntech by programa). I have had the programa module in my 2003 SL55 for 5 years and am essentially satisficed with it. This module, however, lacks one feature that it is advertised as having - the ability to raise up some (programable amount) at a set speed. I have tried to get this to work (and others have as well) and it just does NOT seem to be supported for the R230 - even though Programa said/says it is).

As Peter (BenzNinja) indicated, you can set the right height using the star tester thereby saving yourself the cost of the module (you can likely get a quality star tester for the cost of the V2/programa module). I myself have used the star tester for this and it is not particularly difficult. The only reason I got the module was for the "raise at set speed" feature that does not seem to exist.

Hope that helps,
Chris
Thanks sent you a PM