SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: RMT Rebuild Master Tech - Fort Lo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65
Angry RMT Rebuild Master Tech - Fort Lo

ATTENTION READERS - BE AWARE. THIS COMPANY RETALIATES. They've put a bad review under the company I work for and used my name in the review, breaching privacy Act. Please read Vancouver Mitsubishi review posted by Rebuild Master Tech people with access to their Google account. It is pure retaliation. It's true. We sent struts for rebuild but they did a really bad job. I work at Vancouver Mitsubishi and stated the truth in this review. I get a bad review on my website because they did a really bad job on their end. Just look at the pictures I posted on their google reviews webpage.

I sent the four (4) struts taken out from a 2009 SL65 to be rebuild because they were leaking oil. I had to pay two way freight from Canada to Florida. No problem there. After receiving the struts, I have mounted all four on the vehicle. For some reason, the right front would not calibrate (no concerns prior to send the struts for rebuilding). Contacted RMT and was recommended to send back the defective strut (pay again two way freight from Canada to FL). After two weeks I received the RF strut, installed it on the car and made another attempt to calibrate suspension. No go, same thing, strut will not calibrate. After further investigation, we determined that the RF strut was sent wrong to us. The one received back from RMT was from a non pneumatic version of SL65 model. I contacted RMT and explained them the situation. I was suggested to put a claim on their website, which I did on the very same day. Three (3) weeks later, no action taken by RMT nor have been contacted in any ways. After few weeks of awaiting for a reply from RMT, I gave up and decided to purchase one new right front strut from the local dealership. After installation of the RF strut we took another attempt for suspension calibration. Just before bringing the vehicle into the shop, the left front strut gushed out the entire oil and left front side sagged down. We are stuck at this point and speechless, without knowing what to do anymore, after spending so much money in vain. I will end up buying a new left front strut from the dealership as I am no longer interested to waste anymore time and money in freight and rebuilds. We already paid so far (inclusive of all freight charges) US 1877 (CAD 2552.72), money that just went out the window. This was the worse decision I have ever made and regret it 2552.72 times. I should have read reviews before deciding to do business with RMT.

Conclusion? Just listen to others reviews, if mine don't matter.

Don't waste you money like I did.

Oil gushed out, as you can see the bottom end of the strut full of oil.

Oil leaked out completely

View from under the vehicle
Old 07-29-2021, 06:30 PM

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2003 E55, 2003 SL55, 2014 CLS63, 2018 q50 Redsport, 1968 Camaro SS, 1999 Trans am Firehawk
wait, they sent you a black series strut? that's the only 65 that's non pneumatic
Old 07-30-2021, 01:55 AM

SL65
Angry

Yup. They tried to blame it on me and for that, they also put a bad review on my company's website. They claimed I have problems in my company because I don't work there. I'm one of the owners lol.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM

E550
Thumbs down Stay away from these thugs of RMT shocks

I ordered remanufactured shocks for E550. First email say I will get them in 2 days. Then they emailed I have to send my cores. I cancelled the order within 10 minutes. It happened on July 15th. These thugs never returned email to fund my money. Today is Aug 5th and there is no refund. Save your hard earned money and dont deal with this BS company. I have contacted visa and disputed the transaction. It will take long time to get money from these criminals.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:00 PM

E550
Thumbs down Stay away from thugs of RMT shocks

I ordered remanufactured shocks for E550. First email say I will get them in 2 days. Then they emailed I have to send my cores. I cancelled the order within 10 minutes. It happened on July 15th. These thugs never returned email to fund my money. Today is Aug 5th and there is no refund. Save your hard earned money and dont deal with this BS company. I have contacted visa and disputed the transaction. It will take long time to get money from these criminals.