SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL55 AMG R230 F1 seat issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL 55 AMG F1
Question SL55 AMG R230 F1 seat issues

Hi Folks. I bought this car at auction in the summer of this year. I’ve gotten on top of the mechanical issues and the car is running great. I have some issues with convienece features that I am hoping to take a look at over the Christmas break, and would like to pool as much knowledge together as I can before I start. Please let me know, if I would be better off splitting these issues into separate posts.

Drivers Side Heated Seat:

Lights on the door controls work. I can’t find any information on Fuse locations? I have seen mention of testing the current at the seat, but not actually how to do it. Any information on fuse locations, and testing the various components would be greatly appreciated.

Contour Massage seats (both Sides)

I believe this is usually down to a break in the airline. I plan on tracing that break down. However at the moment, I am not getting anything from the appropriate port on the PSE pump. Central locking and everything else is working OK. I have read it shuts down on detecting a fault, and that diagnostics are needed to re-enable it. Does anyone know if this must be a STAR system, or if I can do it with a third party diagnostic tool? (I may be able to borrow a snap on one)

Cooling seats:

Do these work off the air conditioning? That doesn’t work either. First step is to get that re-gassed. Anything else to check for while I have the seats out?

Tyre Pressure sensor:

I would like to disable this, does it needed to be coded out, or can I pull some fuses?

Any input advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.