SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: TPMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SLK 350
TPMS

Hey all...
I bought a 2008 SL55 AMG and love the car, but it only has option code 470 per build sheet. I am looking to change it to option code 475 (hi-line TPMS).
I've found the module and it is part # A164-540-47-01, which is the Siemens VDO unit and that part number is used in the SL/CLS line up to 2012. In DAS I can see each individual TPMS in the wheel and it's code.
Event logs show specifically it saw a low pressure in the past on Position 2 and Position 4 (including its corresponding TPMS ID code), so I know it is able to differentiate each wheel's location/position.
I have added the option 475 TMPS display in the ICM menus (with PSI/Bar option), added it to the System Diagnostic area in CGW, but in CGW under TPC it only lists the option of
option code 470 (Tire Pressure monitor without realtional info - or something like that). I cannot get it to show option code 475 in that list.
I'm 99% sure it has all the right hardware "bits" but I just can't find any other place to enable it.
I've looked in CGW and ICM Variant Config areas (both English and the German area) and am hitting a wall.
Is there someplace else I need to add/enable it also?
All I ever get in the TPMS display is TPMS Monitoring Inoperative. Note it does show both the low-line (470) and high-line (475) stuff in the menu. I've tried disabing the low-line stuff but no change.

TBH, I'm really surprised that it does NOT have it enabled by default since it is a MY 2008 vehicle.

Thanks for any help!!

Bryan
Old 01-15-2024, 11:57 PM

Received 175 Likes on 132 Posts
SL55AMG, GL450, SLK, S550, Maserati Coupe
Sorry I don't have the answer to your questions, but since we are on the topic of TPMS... My 2003 SL55 AMG was born without the optional TPMS and I would love to have that added to the car I was unsure if it was possible. If the cost were under say around $400 I would probably do it. (I already have sensors in all the wheels and those little batteries should be good for another few years.) I really think TPMS is a valuable thing because even if you check pressures manually every so often, there's always a day somewhere on the calendar when a tire is going to become low on air for whatever reason, and I don't like the idea of finding out at 100MPH. You're supposed to check tire pressures before each drive? No one does that. TPMS would be the thing that alerts you. Both my other R230s had that option, but my SL55 they didn't order it, apparently. But they did add Pano Roof!! Wink