SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Simply adding bluetooth to head unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 12:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
SL55
Simply adding bluetooth to head unit

I have what I think is the comand unit with DVD Navi and there is a little button in the ashtray that asks me what language I speak. I don't care about phone integration, navi, voice any of that. I use my phone for navi and music and detest the bluetooth over the radio thing which I am suffering with now. I will add the PO added satellite which has an ugly antenna on my windshield and the mini head unit in the glove box. That is wired to aux, it works but I don't care for satellite or the cost. Simple question does anyone know if this type of gizmo will work on my head unit - or can you suggest a better one. I just want to connect my iPhone for music. Thank you for tolerating yet another stereo question. I did search.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17540858685....c102020.m5276
Old 06-01-2024, 07:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
SL55
Now I did it - No sound or CD changer

I was fiddling with the stereo trying to find the AUX port. Turns out the PO stole the wiring for the Sirius receiver, ok fine. I got it all back together and suddenly -
Head unit turns on, says no cd changer and no sound through any input.
The comand computer tele voice does work
CD changer is operational, ejects and does not jam
Checked every fuse visually then went though the fuses in the passenger rear and checked continuity manually. All fine.

I am guessing the amp is acting up ? Is there a fuse on the amp itself ?