SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Chance of Money...Need Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
I sold some sperm the other day at the sperm bank. I got $10. Anyone can tell me what burger I should get b/c I dunno if I should go and get it from In n Out or from Denny's. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
You should rent out Trump's boardroom and fly up some MBWorld members to help you decide. You could give us little assignments to complete and whomever won that assignment would get a new Mercedes!
Old 12-13-2004, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm right okay, 300million goes to your family; like you ever gonna see some of that money on your bank account. The most will probably go to the 'older' folks in the family, of investments, or taxes or or or...

And besides that.. am i the only one who finds this story made up?
Old 12-13-2004, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Clyde

And besides that.. am i the only one who finds this story made up?
reading my post and everyone elses posts here, do you think we are taking this seriously?
Old 12-13-2004, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by The Doctor
I sold some sperm the other day at the sperm bank. I got $10. Anyone can tell me what burger I should get b/c I dunno if I should go and get it from In n Out or from Denny's. Thanks!

lmao
Old 12-13-2004, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by SSpray
Yeah, I got that same e-mail from a lawyer in Nigeria…

Hope it all works out for you.

SLR is the way to go, if you want a new car.

lmao
Old 12-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BenzKid24
Hey guys I got a quick question for you guys I have just found out today that there could be a chance that my family could get some serious cash( try $300 million)and NO im not lying,anyhow @ 25 years old my brain is going nuts and I think I might want a new ride..lol still love my s500,no doubt,but I'm thinking the new SLR McLeran or a Lambo. what would you guys buy,as far as a new hot ride???
Benzkid
Hun, don't listen to these paupers. They will soon be crawling on your marble floor and begging for work with a quick flash of the AMEX Black Card. Just think of them as your future labor workers.

I say you should get them all but, make sure you buy a Rolls Royce Phantom for heavy hauling (ex. heavy shopping sprees at Yves St. Laurent.)

You seem like a guy with taste, but I have some advice for you.

What's the nicest way I can say this? *Rubs sisley conditioned skin, and looks up at Gold-Engraved celing* ……Ditch the poor man's S-Class and step up to something more fabulous like a Rolls. An S55-S600 would do as well.

Congratulations with the money, but at 25 years old you have very limited time to start your new career! With your newfound wealth, you could easily work your way up the Roberto Cavalli gold-plated ladder to an exciting and fabulous career. Say it with me hunny, 'Socialite, 'It-Boy'! Do you know who Fabian Basabe is? If you don't, I'd suggest contacting a representative from the New York Social Diary and plead for his contact information. It's against our sacred rules to give each other's contact numbers out to the outer-circle. Even Paris Hilton wouldn't give it out, so don't try. Do you have a publicist?

*Simultaneously tapping vintage Salvatore Ferragamo pointy-toed black leather boots on Versace Casa mink rug, while holding onto Alexandre Herchcovitch belt*

Is there something I’m leaving out?

Oh, yes!

In addition to your Über-vehicles, I’d suggest hiring help to maintain them. Preferably 5 assigned to each estate. Heaven forbid Fabian, Paris, Ivanka Trump, Josiah, Georgina Bloomberg and Cody Franchetti were to spot you at Mercedes-Benz of Manhattan service center or *God-forbid* …..the car wash!

Okay, I think I’ve done my good deed. PM me if you have any questions!

XOXO,

Prince Christian III
Old 12-13-2004, 07:20 PM

Well if this is for real... dont just buy one car, go get like 10
Old 12-13-2004, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by PRChris
Hun, don't listen to these paupers. They will soon be crawling on your marble floor and begging for work with a quick flash of the AMEX Black Card. Just think of them as your future labor workers.

I say you should get them all but, make sure you buy a Rolls Royce Phantom for heavy hauling (ex. heavy shopping sprees at Yves St. Laurent.)

What's the nicest way I can say this? *Rubs sisley conditioned skin, and looks up at Gold-Engraved celing* ……Ditch the poor man's S-Class and step up to something more fabulous like a Rolls. An S55-S600 would do as well.

Congratulations with the money, but at 25 years old you have very limited time to start your new career! With your newfound wealth, you could easily work your way up the Roberto Cavalli gold-plated ladder to an exciting and fabulous career. Say it with me hunny, 'Socialite, 'It-Boy'! Do you know who Fabian Basabe is? If you don't, I'd suggest contacting a representative from the New York Social Diary and plead for his contact information. It's against our sacred rules to give each other's contact numbers out to the outer-circle. Even Paris Hilton wouldn't give it out, so don't try. Do you have a publicist?

*Simultaneously tapping vintage Salvatore Ferragamo pointy-toed black leather boots on Versace Casa mink rug, while holding onto Alexandre Herchcovitch belt*

Is there something I’m leaving out?

Oh, yes!

In addition to your Über-vehicles, I’d suggest hiring help to maintain them. Preferably 5 assigned to each estate. Heaven forbid Fabian, Paris, Ivanka Trump, Josiah, Georgina Bloomberg and Cody Franchetti were to spot you at Mercedes-Benz of Manhattan service center or *God-forbid* …..the car wash!

Okay, I think I’ve done my good deed. PM me if you have any questions!

XOXO,

Prince Christian III
hey fruit loop, i thought you were done with mbworld?
Old 12-14-2004, 06:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
hey fruit loop, i thought you were done with mbworld?
lmao

I recommend he change his I.D. to "Pimp Name Dropping Master Flex"
Old 12-14-2004, 07:05 AM

W211 E55AMG
Whoochiwhoo.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:30 AM

AMG SL 55
What the heck is going on here? Is this for real? Some one win the lottery or something. This reminds me of a cardomain page that this boy won the lottery and bought a F1 Mclaren and his father with his millions bought a 91 coverette.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by drunkenoldman
What the heck is going on here? Is this for real? :
Nah, u just read the story of an idiot who lives in a psychiatric hospital and 1 day managed to get his hands on an internet computer; and posted this topic.

Probably 5min later guards caught him and most likely gave him his daily pills

Maybe we should check on mental institutions in the Dallas area, make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Last edited by Clyde; 12-14-2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:16 PM

AMG SL 55
Originally Posted by Clyde
Nah, u just read the story of an idiot who lives in a psychiatric hospital and 1 day managed to get his hands on an internet computer; and posted this topic.

Probably 5min later guards caught him and most likely gave him his daily pills

Maybe we should check on mental institutions in the Dallas area, make sure this doesn’t happen again.
One Flew over the cuckos nest.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:47 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by PRChris

LOL. PRChris, so nuovo-rich meets with your approval and the quickest way to gain status and recognition with you is immediate 3rd party wealth? Money doesn't buy class nor presumptious taste.

If I had access to a minute portion of this sum of money at age 25 (after taxes, your family's wants/needs, etc..), I'd think very hard how to maintain financial independence for the rest of my life and family rather than immediately running off to pay for an SLR in cash. To each his/her own but at the same time, I'd never want to let anyone know of my good fortune which was not associated with my own knowledge or self-made effort. I hope you do get a share of the gold, but be smart with it. Easy come, easy go......

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 12-14-2004 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:27 PM

'19 GT 4 63s ,'17 Bentley Bentayga, '06 Ford GT
Originally Posted by BenzKid24
Hey guys I got a quick question for you guys I have just found out today that there could be a chance that my family could get some serious cash( try $300 million)and NO im not lying,anyhow @ 25 years old my brain is going nuts and I think I might want a new ride..lol still love my s500,no doubt,but I'm thinking the new SLR McLeran or a Lambo. what would you guys buy,as far as a new hot ride???
Benzkid

Originally Posted by moa4r
if I were in your situation, I would
#1. not tell anyone about it
#2 not worry about what I'm going to buy with money until I get it
#3 not buy thinigs like slr, lambo, etc unless you want to get robbed, LOL

Agreed!

I'm amazed at 25 you don't have more sense than to make this kind of statement about yourself on a public forum!
My own family's circumstances started to seriously change when I was about 15 (1986) but even then I knew better than to tell world what our financial situation was. I'm not even game to hint at it these days, especially in a public forum, to Benz owners or anyone else for that matter. All I will say, as I'm sure that '****' PRChris would like to hear, I too use an Amex Centurion Card (note thats it's correct name) when I shop !
Old 12-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I (like all real players) pay cash. And only cash.

Usually with lots of change

So who else here is still looking for jobs washing cars? :p
Seeing a bunch of people on this forum, mainly the thread starter and PRChris, I'm kind of appreciative now of the rigorous stuff my dad puts me through. You actually learn the value of a dollar (or whatever the hell you earn and spend or for others, burn for the latest trend).
Old 12-15-2004, 03:19 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I (like all real players) pay cash. And only cash.

Usually with lots of change
That's good for you Ricky although coming from the real estate perspective, paying all cash for any "appreciating asset" is not business saavy, let alone all cash for a "depreciating asset" like vehicles which many wouldn't want to keep well beyond 5+ years. I guess it matters only if you are a conservative multi-millionaire with no further financial goals to achieve in life or just a younger millionaire/affluent person still aggressively growing their business, investments and financial future.

Some "players" I know here in LA pay "cash" and flash wads of it often (comical to me), but their general assets portfolios look really weak. Their networth not being commensurate with the vehicle(s) he/she owns 100%.

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 12-15-2004 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Well let me be one of the only to congratulate you on the 300$mil. Looks like we are in the same boat...here are some of the amazing things I am looking at achieving in 05.

1) Not pissing all over the bathroom floor in the middle of the night
2) Ordering the Grip N Flip
3) To stop acting surprised when my food arrives at the restaurant...like I didn't see the waiter coming outta the corner of my eye.
4) To pull off my Benz at the end of an on/off ramp, and stand there with a cardboard sign that says "Not stranded....Work my A$$ off for food...nice home....mid 6 figure income...have a nice day"

Last edited by Jakpro1; 12-16-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Well let me be one of the only to congratulate you. Looks like we are in the same boat...here are some of the amazing things I am looking at achieving in 05.

1) Not pissing all over the bathroom floor in the middle of the night
2) Ordering the Grip N Flip
3) To stop acting surprised when my food arrives at the restaurant...like I didn't see the waiter coming outta the corner of my eye.
4) To pull off my Benz at the end of an on/off ramp, and stand there with a cardboard sign that says "Not stranded....Work my A$$ off for food...nice home....mid 6 figure income...have a nice day"

lol
Old 12-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by RU_MATRX
That's good for you Ricky although coming from the real estate perspective, paying all cash for any "appreciating asset" is not business saavy, let alone all cash for a "depreciating asset" like vehicles which many wouldn't want to keep well beyond 5+ years. I guess it matters only if you are a conservative multi-millionaire with no further financial goals to achieve in life or just a younger millionaire/affluent person still aggressively growing their business, investments and financial future.

Some "players" I know here in LA pay "cash" and flash wads of it often (comical to me), but their general assets portfolios look really weak. Their networth not being commensurate with the vehicle(s) he/she owns 100%.
Here I was talking about paying for my school lunch, but sure I'll be glad to deal in real estate :p

Anyone dealing with more then $20 is insane.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:26 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Here I was talking about paying for my school lunch, but sure I'll be glad to deal in real estate :p

Anyone dealing with more then $20 is insane.
...and I thought you were referring to "Players" that buy out an expensive vehicle like an SLR as the posts were centering on. LOL.

Anyways, I have a multi-millionaire close friend of mine who was self-made, born in another country, and came to America alone before earning his afore-mentioned status. To summarize, he told me that he always keeps a dollar in his pocket to remind himself of where, why and how he started to achieve success with practically nothing except his brains and determination.

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 12-30-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:09 AM

2005 SL 500
So what's the deal? Did your family get the money?

If you do get the money; god bless you and your family. Don't listen to the others here that are giving you a hard time about it. Though, I would caution you to be careful about who and where you tell/show your wealth. My parents always told me that telling/showing others your wealth invites most people not to like you (human nature to think negatively about things that they can't have).

If you did get the money, spend it now. Not to the point that it is all gone but to the point where you get everything you want and continue to have everything you want in the future. With a sum like that, you shouldn't have a problem. I see that you are 25. I am 28 and I always tell myself that I am not going to be caught accumulating money so that when I am 55 and have a horde of it, I say to myself "I wish I got that SL, took those lavish vacations or bought those homes when I was 28". Bottom line, you are not making sacrifices by getting stuff now if you are planned wisely for the future. All of us have an expiration date.

Make the right decision and listen to the only voice that matters, your own. Whatever you decide to do with your money is your business. Nobody can tell you your wrong so long as you are being honest with yourself. However, if you get others involved, be advised that it could complicate things. In some cases, in very bad ways.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 45971
So what's the deal? Did your family get the money?

If you do get the money; god bless you and your family. Don't listen to the others here that are giving you a hard time about it. Though, I would caution you to be careful about who and where you tell/show your wealth. My parents always told me that telling/showing others your wealth invites most people not to like you (human nature to think negatively about things that they can't have).

If you did get the money, spend it now. Not to the point that it is all gone but to the point where you get everything you want and continue to have everything you want in the future. With a sum like that, you shouldn't have a problem. I see that you are 25. I am 28 and I always tell myself that I am not going to be caught accumulating money so that when I am 55 and have a horde of it, I say to myself "I wish I got that SL, took those lavish vacations or bought those homes when I was 28". Bottom line, you are not making sacrifices by getting stuff now if you are planned wisely for the future. All of us have an expiration date.

Make the right decision and listen to the only voice that matters, your own. Whatever you decide to do with your money is your business. Nobody can tell you your wrong so long as you are being honest with yourself. However, if you get others involved, be advised that it could complicate things. In some cases, in very bad ways.
Of all the posts here, I have to say this is the most accurate...and from the tender age of 28 (I can say that because I'm an old fart at 37) Very well written, and very true. Now apply it!!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:22 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Money talks, wealth whispers.

~ Ian

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Chance of Money...Need Help!