SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG is it good?coments requested!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 07:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M3
Question 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG is it good?coments requested!

Hi i am new one in this forum.(from:Estonia)
I am searching a car and i like the 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG what do you think about this car?Mainor problems with this car?
I cant aford to by new on one but i did look in to www.mobile.de
and will by car from germani cause German is in EU and Estonia is too.When i by car from other countrY(country that isnt in EU then it will cost more cause i must pay taxes to my country)
Das som one drive this car in winter to?Or is it insane to drive this car in winter?

Link to mobile de car selection:
http://www.mobile.de/SIDUQprCDGCnknu...6&doSearch.y=2

I am sorry about my poor english!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by cocliosttro
Hi i am new one in this forum.(from:Estonia)
I am searching a car and i like the 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG what do you think about this car?Mainor problems with this car?
I cant aford to by new on one but i did look in to www.mobile.de
and will by car from germani cause German is in EU and Estonia is too.When i by car from other countrY(country that isnt in EU then it will cost more cause i must pay taxes to my country)
Das som one drive this car in winter to?Or is it insane to drive this car in winter?
Hi,

If you want to drive safely in the winter you should definitely consider winter-tires, as things get very slippery with all that power on you rear-wheels in the cold/wet/ice/snow/slush.

Getting a second hand '03 with some Km on it will give you the advantage that the previous owner probably ironed out some of the possible 'problems' that the car might have had (ask for the service-record). Germany is the place to get it from since the choice is the biggest.

If I were you I'd only buy from a genuine Daimler Chrysler dealer, since they give european wide warranty on the cars (don't know if Estonia applies, ask). And I'd only buy a car that has been serviced by Daimler Chrysler from start to finish (again, ask for the service record).

Also you'd have to find a good place to be able to service the car in Estonia. I don't know how that is organized.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW M3
?

You then have or did have Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG do(did) you like it?
I like this forum.In estonia we don`t hav any normal forums `(in ower land forums there is not many people ho nows what he is tiping most of them are yust idiotes and big minus is this that forums wont request registering and people com and type such a bul sh.t and administartors wont care)but this forum hav lots of opinions and info,and i love taht there is many of car fans and enthusiast in this forum.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:33 PM

the car is fine. it looks great, super fast, etc etc

if i had to come up with something, then it would probably be the weight. Its around 1875kg...

Do you have MSN Messenger? I got a SL55 video review from top gear, its a 70MB .avi that I can send u... so if u are interested let me know..

Last edited by Clyde; 02-03-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by cocliosttro
You then have or did have Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG do(did) you like it?
I have one and I love it. I haven't experienced any problems (yet, but only drove 4.000Km). I bought it 2nd hand in Germany from a Daimler Chrysler dealer.

I'd advise you to check here instead of Mobile.de: http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/...fahrzeuge.html
Old 02-08-2005, 07:26 AM

SL55 AMG
It's the best roadster/coupe in the world. You will not be disappointed...