SL63 AMG & SL65 AMG (R231) 2012 to 2020 (in US launched as 2013 model) Facelift from 2017

Soon to be SL63 owner needs advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2015 | 05:02 PM

2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Soon to be SL63 owner needs advice!

Hi, I'm a long time forum member but have been away for a long time. I just put a deposit down on a 2013 SL63 AMG with performance package and confirmed RennTech ECU tune.

Any need for additional cooling or air intake? Not very familiar with the M157 V8 Biturbo engine. I had a 2005 CL65 that needed larger intercoolers and pump because the IAT were outrageously high. I was told that the 5.5L V8 Biturbo has been solid but just want to get some opinions. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

LF
Old 11-11-2015 | 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
Did you ever get this car?
Old 11-14-2015 | 10:04 AM

2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Yes, I got the car 4 days ago and love it! 2013 SL63 AMG with P30.

Originally Posted by okbarnett
Did you ever get this car?
I got the car 4 days ago and I can honestly say it is the best AMG I have had to date and I have owned a lot of them. The fit, finish, and engine are amazing! I could not be happier. Only a few small problems that I noticed after I bought the car and took it home. The rear bumper has a small gash in it that I originally thought was bird ****. The from bumper was curbed a few times that cannot be seen because it is underneath but one extended a little high and is slightly noticeable if you look carefully. The steering wheel leather is scratch most likely due to a watch rubbing on it. Oh well, all fixable stuff and I am going to have all repairs completed in the next few weeks. I am pulling both bumpers and having them repainted as I am super **** and want the car to be perfect. The paint everywhere else is flawless. I am getting carbon fiber mirror covers, hub centric spacers to bring the wheels out about 20mm in the rear and 15mm in the front, and some new high flow air filters. The car is fully loaded with performance package, Bang & Olefinson sound system, and a RennTech edu upgrade. Only option it does not have is carbon ceramic brakes. I love the transmission and the car is so comfortable when you are just cruising but turns into a beast when you get on it. Nice stock exhaust sound. Car is amazing and I could not be happier. I will post some pics after I get all repairs done and mirror covers on.

Thanks for following up and asking if I got the car .
Old 12-19-2015 | 09:09 AM

R231 SL63
Good news. I got my first MB last may after driving BMW's for 18 yrs. I have a 2009 SL 63 with the AMG package on it also. Love it and learning to drive the beast. Different that BMW, and much more HP. So far so good.