SL63 AMG & SL65 AMG (R231) 2012 to 2020 (in US launched as 2013 model) Facelift from 2017

SL AMG Service Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Mercedes GLE AMG 63S and 11 ZR1
SL AMG Service Reset

When I purchased my 13 SL AMG63 last year, the dealer that the vehicle was on consignment serviced the vehicle (oil change/filters, etc.). I have only put on 2K miles since then but I now have a AO Service past due (each day adds a day) that comes up when turning the vehicle on and of course is showing in the ASSYST PLUS menu.

I searched for a way to turn off and came up with many Mercedes model's but not the R231 version of the SL and/or SL AMG. I have tried various combinations from other models, but does not turn off this menu warning. Does anyone here have the procedure? I know it has to be simple. My owners manual and maintenance manuals of course do not show this as they want you to go to the dealer. Hate to drive across town to the dealer to have this done if I can do it myself.

Thanks! Ron
Old 05-13-2017, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Mercedes GLE AMG 63S and 11 ZR1
SUCCESS! I tried a number of models and finally the reset option for a Model 204 (C Class and GLK Class) worked! Here are the steps if anyone needs them:
  • Turn key to position 1
  • Go to the "Trip" option is highlighted
  • Press and hold the Phone button and within 1 second press OK and hold both for 5 seconds until the shop menu is highlighted
  • Press down arrow until "Assyst Plus" is highlighted and confirm with OK - Options "Service Data and Full Service are displayed
  • Press down arrow to Full Service, confirm with OK - display shows "Service Carried Out?"
  • Press down arrow to "Yes" and confirm with OK
  • Press down arrow until "Confirm" is displayed - press OK -
  • Should now be reset for another 365 days
Hope this helps others out there! Ron
The following users liked this post:
idrive (07-08-2017)