SL63 AMG & SL65 AMG (R231) 2012 to 2020 (in US launched as 2013 model) Facelift from 2017

P30 AMG ABC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2022 | 07:13 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Exclamation P30 AMG ABC

get the P30 14.000$ mapping on your ABC ! for a very special price

Last edited by BenzNinja; 07-17-2022 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2022 | 04:51 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Old 04-25-2023 | 01:46 PM

2015 SL63 AMG (R231)
Hi from the other side of the pond

I have a preface lift SL 63 AMG (R231) registered here in the UK Jan 2015 and from from the VIN number the build includes 486 SPORTS SUSPENSION and 487 ABC SUSPENSION
P30 Nuremberg suspension was for the the R230 but is that what is now standard on the R231 that I own?

Personally I find the handling unimpressive simply put it should be better as one of MB flagship AMG and other cars deal with the engine weight up front its not as if its a cast Iron block

So can you improve a lot on this ? Please remember I am in the UK

I am not on Facebook so can you reply here or direct to me or else I guess I will need to join

Also from another thread https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...bc-mod-sl.html

SBC : The brakes responds to the slightest touch of the pedal, a much more linear feel on brake force, which is nice when driving fast, and the suspension keep the car level at all times and maneuvers.
Yes the pedal has a long travel and from getting out of my wife's BMW 540I M sport into the SL63 its really really noticeable! giving that EEK brakes !!! feeling GRIN

Is there other improvements you can make I am not looking for more power most that offer such are a huge cash investment in parts but having the same fly by wire throttle pedal response might be nice in all settings

I could be called old school as most cars I own and worked on never having an ECU let alone multiple ones

I would like to do a few track days in the car using the less twisty ones so get V Max reset to 186mph. I realise the SL63 AMG is never going to handle like the Caterham7 I had for 3 decades at pushing towards 2G but I would be happy to get it to handle as my wife's 540i Sport Xdrive but a lot of that ability is the fixed 4 wheel drive pulling the front into corners. The Sl63 dos not have that ability and the front going light is far more the problem than it shaking its tail feathers

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Bilbo7; 04-25-2023 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-25-2023 | 01:55 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Bilbo7
Hi from the other side of the pond

I have a preface lift SL 63 AMG (R231) registered here in the UK Jan 2015 and from from the VIN number the build includes 486 SPORTS SUSPENSION and 487 ABC SUSPENSION
P30 Nuremberg suspension was for the the R230 but is that what is now standard on the R231 that I own?

Personally I find the handling unimpressive simply put it should be better as one of MB flagship AMG and other cars deal with the engine weight up front its not as if its a cast Iron block

So can you improve a lot on this ? Please remember I am in the UK

I am not on Facebook so can you reply here or direct to me or else I guess I will need to join

Also from another thread https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...bc-mod-sl.html

Yes the pedal has a long travel and from getting out of my wife's BMW 540I M sport into the SL63 its really really noticeable! giving that EEK brakes !!! feeling GRIN

Is there other improvements you can make I am not looking for more power most that offer such are a huge cash investment in parts but having the same fly by wire throttle pedal response might be nice in all settings

I could be called old school as most cars I own and worked on never having an ECU let alone multiple ones

I would like to do a few track days in the car using the less twisty ones so get V Max reset to 186mph. I realise the SL63 AMG is never going to handle like the Caterham7 I had for 3 decades at pushing towards 2G but I would be happy to get it to handle as my wife's 540i Sport Xdrive but a lot of that ability is the fixed 4 wheel drive pulling the front into corners. The Sl63 dos not have that ability and the front going light is far more the problem than it shaking its tail feathers

Thanks in advance
I don't think it's standard, no idea where you read that

But I can add it to your car suspension struts are simple and cheaper than those you have but my P30 works great on them

Here is what you should have in your SA codes if you had P30

Old 04-25-2023 | 02:43 PM

2015 SL63 AMG (R231)
Hi
Thank you for your very prompt reply
I don't think it's standard, no idea where you read that
I have not read that .........................its just that from what I understand that maybe rubbish GRIN
  • the R230 had no LSD standard it was part of the PP package but the R231 did
  • The R230 was only 900Nm and 577BHP if it had the PP package but on the R231 it is standard
So........ I wondered if the R231 preface lift suspension also had the P30 option standard as no P30 option that many call P30 Nuremberg suspension never seems to have been offered hence asking if ...........
Or to put it another way did the performance package including P30 on the R230 become 486 Sports Suspension on the R231 where it lowers at the car at 15mm? at XX mph I forget that speed

Also the Vin numbers in your reply don't look as mine is.......... might be UK vs USA?

Old 04-25-2023 | 03:06 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Bilbo7
Hi
Thank you for your very prompt reply

I have not read that .........................its just that from what I understand that maybe rubbish GRIN
  • the R230 had no LSD standard it was part of the PP package but the R231 did
  • The R230 was only 900Nm and 577BHP if it had the PP package but on the R231 it is standard
So........ I wondered if the R231 preface lift suspension also had the P30 option standard as no P30 option that many call P30 Nuremberg suspension never seems to have been offered hence asking if ...........

Or to put it another way did the performance package including P30 on the R230 become 486 Sports Suspension on the R231 where it lowers at the car at 15mm? at XX mph I forget that speed

Also the Vin numbers in your reply don't look as mine is.......... might be UK vs USA?
I'll help you
Please private message me your vin and I will send you your full MB Datacard
VIN never existed at Mercedes
its called FIN
FIN is the real Number and that is what you have

the car on that datacard I show is USA VIN
Old 04-25-2023 | 03:45 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
So as you can see on the datacard I generated based on your vin and you have received fully

no P30 on your car