SL63 AMG & SL65 AMG (R231) 2012 to 2020 (in US launched as 2013 model) Facelift from 2017

My SL63 AMG (R231) On The Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 08:13 AM

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts
2013 SL63 AMG
Arrow My SL63 AMG (R231) On The Nurburgring

A week ago myself and a mate drove over to Germany for a Lap of the incredible Nurburgring Nordschleife, for my SL63 AMGs first Euro road trip

As some of you will know, I have previously taken both of my CLS's in the past and missed taking the G55 for obvious reasons. The video below is my 2nd Lap while I was there, yes its not fast and does look even slower on video that it actually was, however video doesnt show the G-Forces, the dips and elevation changes which you fight against whilst driving.

The SL performed amazingly, always enough power on tap and did handle amazingly around all corners, The dynamic seat bolsters which inflate on one side to keep you planted actually do help! Only around Brunchen did the rear of the car feel like it was starting to oversteer.

Yes the lap is fairly slow, however I didnt have track insurance and I didnt want to take any stupid risks.

The following users liked this post:
crconsulting (10-24-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 09:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
'17 SL63
Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

From my experience with my pictures while driving aggressively on the Tail of Dragon, these cars stay so flat in the corners that it is very hard to get a static shot that represents the actual speed.

Seth
'17 SL63