SL65 AMG Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the R230 SL65 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

SL 65 AMG Black series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assorted Euro Trash
Boy, you just like to flame my posts with quite a self inflicted opinion. I don't need to beg ANYBODY to buy a car from me. I am not desperate to push cars onto people! LOL.....I generate my business in a professional way, but that is besides the point. This has NOTHING to do with pushing product onto somebody and in what fashion, nothing! It sounds like maybe you have not had great experiences in the past, but that also has to do with yourself, not just the salespeople you deal with. Usually if somebody from Ferrari or Lambo is calling you up to ask for a purchase, or "begging" as you so put it, it's because you've given them a reason to Before you flame me the way you just did, you need to think a little more. Not cool

I never ONCE said that the car is going to be hard to get...but...you seem to know the market soo well. I guess there really isn't a reason for this thread. This is one of those reasons why forums sometimes stink. Don't take your experiences out on a complete stranger...seriously...

Last edited by MercedesBW1; 12-27-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:43 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by MercedesBW1
Boy, you just like to flame my posts with quite a self inflicted opinion. I don't need to beg ANYBODY to buy a car from me. I am not desperate to push cars onto people! LOL.....I generate my business in a professional way, but that is besides the point. This has NOTHING to do with pushing product onto somebody and in what fashion, nothing! It sounds like maybe you have not had great experiences in the past, but that also has to do with yourself, not just the salespeople you deal with. Usually if somebody from Ferrari or Lambo is calling you up to ask for a purchase, or "begging" as you so put it, it's because you've given them a reason to Before you flame me the way you just did, you need to think a little more. Not cool

I never ONCE said that the car is going to be hard to get...but...you seem to know the market soo well. I guess there really isn't a reason for this thread. This is one of those reasons why forums sometimes stink. Don't take your experiences out on a complete stranger...seriously...
I did not flame your post. I am just offering up a different opinion from the one you are offering. I never said you were desperate to push cars on people.

As I have said in other threads, I have a fantastic relationship with my dealer and we treat each other with respect when times are good and when times are less than good.

The comment about dealers "begging" me to buy cars only served to point out that cars that just 6 months ago commanded a premim over MSRP or had long waiting lists are now readily available. I am a crazy enthusiast and one known to buy cars when other don't. It was not a stab at dealers only an indicator of the current conditions that you have been acting like in your posts don't exist.

You offered up your opinion as a salesman, I offered up my opinion as an enthusiast and a purchaser of these and many other performance vehicles.

Cheers
Old 12-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
My opinion is offered from every point of view and I appreciate you defending your previous statements I can honestly say that we really have not been feeling the economic crumble.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
My dealer said the same thing about his dealership, MB Manhattan, in this economy, fact is, I saw the same CLS63 w/ P030 sitting on the showroom floor @ the exact spot for the last few months, you be the judge.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
My dealer said the same thing about his dealership, MB Manhattan, in this economy, fact is, I saw the same CLS63 w/ P030 sitting on the showroom floor @ the exact spot for the last few months, you be the judge.
You mean the White CLS63 right. Sales have really slowed down there. They had an Silver Arrow SLR since the begining of this year. I was about to make an offer on it, but I decided to wait.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
I know it sounds crazy, but east coast vs west coast markets have been quite different the past 6 months. I don't need to be a judge and worry about other peoples inventory, unless they are a dealer that has a car I need to get
Old 12-30-2008, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Originally Posted by sako97
You mean the White CLS63 right. Sales have really slowed down there. They had an Silver Arrow SLR since the begining of this year. I was about to make an offer on it, but I decided to wait.
That CLS been sitting there forever, but I was talking about the flint car @ Park Avenue showroom. I know about that SLR, because when I took delivery of my SLK back in June, my dealer asked me if I were interested to pick up the SLR as well.

MercedesBW1,
Yes, I know how the west coast is, because I have a friend working at Pacific BMW, and we talk all the time. There are people who still can afford all these exotics, but the number of them had been decreasing.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
And yet another can of worms is opened, comparing BMW
Old 12-30-2008, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Not comparing BMW and Mercedes, just stating facts.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW has a totally different market than MB, you should know this. Why do you think BMW is offering 0.9% right now? Just food for thought
Old 12-31-2008, 08:14 AM

CLK Black
Oh fun! Now we have two salespeople from mbwestminister here to help us out.....
Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Actually, I am one in the same....personal and sponsored
Old 01-02-2009, 02:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by WSH
Suspect it's the usual trade-offs of hp/tq vs reliability, traction, etc...nothing in engineering (or business) is "free"....

599 is most relevant competitor....will be intrigued to see if SportAuto finds quicker NBR times for 65Blk vs 599...

BTW, hearing price talk on 65Blk in US is already only $230K-ish, w/easy availability....not the $285K-ish price that was originally rumored....

SLR/Enzo/CGT are now fairly irrelevant comparables...they were engineered w/ancient 5yo+ tech.....

A global recession/credit crisis forces all mfrs to carefully price their cars conservatively if they hope to sell any...and continual advances in tech (both hardware and software) mean supercar NBR times for far cheaper, series-production models that are safer, more reliable, more luxurious than many alleged supercars of 5-10yrs ago, when automotive tech was more analog and less digital...
I was at Flecher Jones today in Newport Beach and one of the sales people was showing a CLK BS to a customer and he mentioned that the SL BS is coming soon but its going to cost $370K.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL
My opinion is offered from every point of view and I appreciate you defending your previous statements I can honestly say that we really have not been feeling the economic crumble.

thanks for input... i ll immediately apply immigration to colorado since it's probably the one and only one place on earth that is not affected by crisis.... people there must be living in heaven....
Old 01-02-2009, 08:21 AM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by Angel 430
I was at Flecher Jones today in Newport Beach and one of the sales people was showing a CLK BS to a customer and he mentioned that the SL BS is coming soon but its going to cost $370K.
Fletcher is known for their legendary price gouging for new models. Drive down the street and visit LN as they have smartened up with the current economy.

The MSRP is 299K plus gas guzzler and a couple of other small items.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 AM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by mbwestminster
Actually, I am one in the same....personal and sponsored
So, will you be selling your SL Black's at MSRP?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
No, it was ordered 4 months ago
Old 01-02-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Dictator,

Wait and see!! I'm sure you will find lots of them down the road.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 PM

CLK Black
No, it was ordered 4 months ago
I put a deposit on mine more than four months ago and I was going to pay MSRP. That should have nothing to do with it.

You are ripping off your customers.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Dictator, I think you need to relax and watch what you say. You are way out of line making a statement like that....
Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 AM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by mbwestminster
Dictator, I think you need to relax and watch what you say. You are way out of line making a statement like that....
Excuse me? Relax and watch what I say? Out of line? Welcome to the world of forums. It is my opinion.

As for charging over MSRP. One day your customers will reward you by buying somewhere else. I will say it again, you are openly ripping them off.

I am done wasting my time arguing with a salesman.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
Then don't argue. You are going about this from a totally wrong angle. I don't need to listen to somebody who wants to flame salespeople...this isn't hyundai or chevy......It's funny how everything you say is past tense..."I put a deposit on mine more than four months ago and I "WAS" going to pay MSRP." So you think you were. I do not know of a dealer four months ago that was selling this car at MSRP. I think you are full of ish. I will say this again like I said before...I really think you just have had a bad experience with a salesman, or you have led one on and enjoy it. Don't take your vices out on me buddy. And for the record, there are people out there that can and WILL pay a premium for a car they can be the first to own. It's not called "ripping somebody off", it's called great service. You need to learn and differentiate. I can't tolerate simpletons like yourself.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:55 AM

CLK Black
Then don't argue. You are going about this from a totally wrong angle. I don't need to listen to somebody who wants to flame salespeople...this isn't hyundai or chevy......It's funny how everything you say is past tense..."I put a deposit on mine more than four months ago and I "WAS" going to pay MSRP." So you think you were. I do not know of a dealer four months ago that was selling this car at MSRP. I think you are full of ish. I will say this again like I said before...I really think you just have had a bad experience with a salesman, or you have led one on and enjoy it. Don't take your vices out on me buddy. And for the record, there are people out there that can and WILL pay a premium for a car they can be the first to own. It's not called "ripping somebody off", it's called great service. You need to learn and differentiate. I can't tolerate simpletons like yourself.
This will be my last post directed to you.

As I said, I have no problem with salesmen in general. I have a bunch that I deal with on a regular basis that I have a mutal respect for. No flames here just stating facts.

Yes my comments have been in a past tense as I stated, I have decieded to pass on my allocation for the SL Black. You can believe whatever you want, I could care less.

I can see that it is hard for you to believe that some of us have good enough relationships with our dealers that we don't have to play games or over sticker to get our cars. Even if they are the first or only allocation a dealer may get.

Sure their are always people that are wiling to pay to be first. Never said that they didn't exist. As I said, as your customer find out that they don't have to be taken advantage of, they will find other dealers to work with. What goes around comes around.

Simpleton huh? Let's not forget who here buys these cars and who sells them.....

Ciao
Old 01-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
I'm not taking advantage of anybody...lol....You're just too funny. You are not stating facts, my friend, you are stating personal opinion. You are not buying the car, so please, step down. My clients and I have a great understanding of eachother, so I really don't appreciate you making negative comments about me. I do believe that you like to come on here and not only talk bs, but continue stupid, pointless arguements. You and your words mean nothing to me..lmao!! Grow up, seriously. You remind me of people on vwvortex that want to bash on people for charging $20 for $15 part....useless.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:36 PM

CL65
I'm not taking advantage of anybody...lol....You're just too funny. You are not stating facts, my friend, you are stating personal opinion. You are not buying the car, so please, step down. My clients and I have a great understanding of eachother, so I really don't appreciate you making negative comments about me. I do believe that you like to come on here and not only talk bs, but continue stupid, pointless arguements. You and your words mean nothing to me..lmao!! Grow up, seriously. You remind me of people on vwvortex that want to bash on people for charging $20 for $15 part....useless.
+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL 65 AMG Black series