SL65 AMG Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the R230 SL65 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Another Brabus blackseries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTR
Another Brabus blackseries

Well i saw this on a site its called the Brabus Stealth and its for another client in dubai. i heard this one is more powerful then the vanish, it produces 820hp on the wheel instead of 788hp.

I actually like it! it looks more simple but aggressive at the same time. thank god they didnt go for the matte foil idea!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
It has the same Brabus T65 RS badging on top of the CF covered coil packs, but says 800HP instead of 788 HP, this is measured @ the CRANK NOT the wheels. This Black isn't making 820 rwhp, w/OUT extensive Turbo upgrades, they didn't even add the Ram-Air system to either of these Brabus Pajama models (Still have factory SL65 BS OEM Air intake setups in place)

INMOP Brabus is making some horrible design accents/badging decisions lately, Stealth? Vanish? Looks like some cheap Domestic Dodge Stealth/etc badging WTF?

Last edited by Thericker; 05-21-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:17 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
^^^

At least only the badging bothers you, I have a problem with that CF stealth aircraft on the hood........money can buy you almost anything but taste
Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by SMP
^^^

At least only the badging bothers you, I have a problem with that CF stealth aircraft on the hood........money can buy you almost anything but taste
Ohhh.... Trust me I hate the RV skylight even more (I already ripped on it in the other thread on the Vanish Pajama model)

After viewing these pix again I have to elaborate on the thoughtless rear badging & door sill designs, WTF? They used some crummy THIN average Fonts below BRABUS/ it looks like such a tacked on POS! Why not add a little creativity/unique flair to these pieces??? Either replicate in BRABUS Font or something 1 off special? This is just KRAP...

Last edited by Thericker; 05-21-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Originally Posted by SMP
^^^

That thing is here to hide the hole brabus had to do in the hood because of the custom quad intercooler setup. There is a custom part , a kind of "intercooler manifold", I mean the part where the 4 intercooler joins... This part is higher than the standart part.

But that really looks horrible.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
The SL blk already has a different intake bigger turbos and a few other goodies. As you all know the heat is what kills this engine and with that cooling setup it might just do the trick.

I am not a believer in ''i'll just stick ice in my trunk and be fine for 1-2 runs.'' That ice will go bye bye in top speed / prolonged runs.

It is ugly i admit, but it is a functional design. I have seen the performance of the brabus T65S several times... it is no slush and this tops it

Originally Posted by Thericker
It has the same Brabus T65 RS badging on top of the CF covered coil packs, but says 800HP instead of 788 HP, this is measured @ the CRANK NOT the wheels. This Black isn't making 820 rwhp, w/OUT extensive Turbo upgrades, they didn't even add the Ram-Air system to either of these Brabus Pajama models (Still have factory SL65 BS OEM Air intake setups in place)

INMOP Brabus is making some horrible design accents/badging decisions lately, Stealth? Vanish? Looks like some cheap Domestic Dodge Stealth/etc badging WTF?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
Engine looks pretty dual.