SLK/R170: Window Trick, click, return, hold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Window Trick, click, return, hold

I learned a neet trick with the interaction of the power windows and the drop top. Sorry if anyone already knows about this. I just found out and wanted to share.

Just pulling back on the roof switch in the center console and holding it will lower the roof, but in each case the windows go down first. If you want to just lower both windows at the same time with the roof up or already down, you can use the roof switch instead of the window switches.

Click the roof switch back to the roof down position and let it go. Now pull it back again and hold it back. Both side windows will drop as you hold the button and the top will stay up. You can do this while the top is down already and the windows are up. You know how the windows will start to come up after holding the roof switch when you drop the top. I used to use the window switches and roll them back down but not anymore.

This will alos work for bring both of the windows up at the same time. Rock the roof switch forward one click, let to go, then push it forward and hold it. Both windows will go up at the same time as long as you hold the switch.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 SLK230 Kompressor
Also, for this to work the key has to be turned to the ON position which is Position 2. It's a pretty nifty feature, I use it all the time. It is just as neat as the ignition - you don't have to hold the key until the engine fires up. Just turn the key all the way and let go - the auto starter will take care of the rest.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahaha every person that drives my car I tell them "don't hold the key when the starter engages" and it's like they never listen to what I say and only let off the key once engines turns..

Etienne