SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: SLK simple maintenance guide??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK simple maintenance guide??

I have a 98 SLK 230 and want to do some of the simple maintenance myself. My MB dealer was not helpful, and spoke of an expensive CD that is not out yet. Is there anyone who can provide instructions (or knows a source) on how to do:

Oil and Filter Changes
Lubrication points
Other A and B service checks
Coolant System flushes
Brake pad/fluid replacement

other easy maintenance.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 12-05-2001, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 SLK-230 (Calypso Grn Met)
Lightbulb Some (limited) information for you

You may want to take a look at the Mercedes Owner's Resource at MBnz.org for this kind of information. There are several people over there who do their own maintenance. Word to the wise -- search the archives for the information BEFORE you post the question. Most of the folks are very nice and helpful, but people do get tired of answering the same questions many times over...

You may also want to check out David Leonoff's web site for a bunch of other information. This guy is incredible - has videos of how to wash the car, etc... I know it sounds dumb, but I guarantee you'll learn something from it! He also has good info and pictures on various upgrades, changes, etc. that people do to their SLKs.

Good luck. With my work schedule, I don't even change my own oil any more! And to think -- I used to be a helicopter mechanic and maintenance test pilot in my previous career!