SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: New Member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I'm New with QUESTIONS!

Hi, I just aquired a copper 99 SLK 230 R170 and am very happy about it, however, when I drive the car, I seem to hear wind noise coming from the driver side window. I think the is a leakage form the seal or soemthing, what do you guys think?Is this a common problem?

Also the sound system really, really sucks, I have no other word to describe how bad it is. I am so disappointed about this that I actually considered selling the car for another one, I mean it is a MB for crying aloud! However I do like the car in general so I have decided to put an aftermarket CD player in, maybe upgrade speakers and such can anyone tell me why MB would put such a crappy sound system in the car? What is the actual stock system?

I would really love to hear your oponions.

Last edited by phatchink; 11-24-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230
Hey,
I don't really know what your talking about with a bad sound system. The one in my benz is the best stock system I have ever heard. Maybe your speakers are just blown or your radio settings are really off. Also a good way to tell if you have a leak is if it drips inside when it rains.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Abbring
Hey,
I don't really know what your talking about with a bad sound system. The one in my benz is the best stock system I have ever heard. Maybe your speakers are just blown or your radio settings are really off. Also a good way to tell if you have a leak is if it drips inside when it rains.
no it doesn't leak in the rain, YET, mainly because I havn't driven it in hard rain.

I'm not too sure about the blown speakers and such, but my 01 S320 has a way better sound system than this one. Even my 01 accord beats the SLK hands down with an in dash 6 CD changer. I DONT EVEN HAVE A CD PLAYER IN THE SLK goddamit
Old 11-25-2005, 02:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230
HI,
That is very strange, mine is a 98 and its the oldest car I have ever owned and the stereo is unbeliveable! Maybe the person you bought it from swapped the speakers out? I don't know why but the benz speakers do sell for a lot on ebay. So that is a possibilty. I wouldn't sell the car just because of the stereo! You can always get new speakers put in for a few hundred!