SLK/R170: shocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
shocks

My SLK320 has about 55,000 miles and I notied that my rear shock on the drivers side is real bouncy and makes a lot of noise when I get in the car. Later in the day when I hit a bump, I can really feel it and I wonder if the shocks is workings in the rear.

So what is a good brand of shocks to get for my car? I prefer to get shocks with the same feel as factory. I do not want them to hard or to bouncy. Are their special tools to remove and install the rear shocks? Are the rear shocks easy to replace?

When do people change the coil springs?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I fitted Koni sports. Feel same as OE, control bumps better. Can have rebound adjused to give even better control/balance.

Fitting?? Easy for me... Depends on your skill level I guess. Probably a 6 out of 10 job

Noisy shock?? check plastic dust shield as they rub on lower body, and make a noise.

Bazzle
Old 12-23-2005, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
Originally Posted by bazzle
I fitted Koni sports. Feel same as OE, control bumps better. Can have rebound adjused to give even better control/balance.

Fitting?? Easy for me... Depends on your skill level I guess. Probably a 6 out of 10 job

Noisy shock?? check plastic dust shield as they rub on lower body, and make a noise.

Bazzle
If I get the Koni sports, do I have to replace my coils and get the castor bolts? I just want the shocks to work with the current factory suspension.