SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Eaton Supercharger? SLK with AC pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eaton Supercharger? SLK with AC pulley

My goal is to supercharge the 1974 TVR that i have.

I will be fabricating all of the intakes myself and tuning it as well.

I have just purchased an Eaton Supercharger from a SLK mercedes that has the AC pulley that i will wire in somehow.. It is shown as an E-62 in the add. I am looking to see if i can understand exactly how it works on the mercedes. I know all of the supercharger principles.

I need to know if there is a bypass valve on the SLK or if when the supercharger is off the air is just pulled through the rotors?

I need to know if there is some type of blowoff valve?

If anyone has a manual or knows of a schematic online that shows the intake system including the supercharge that would be very usefull?

Another good thing would be a description of the parts that make up the intake in relation to how the air gets into the engine starting at the air cleaner.

If you need to ask me a question please do so.

This is the auction i got it from. Thanks alot,
Bret

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1847253104
Old 08-19-2002, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New questions

I have the blower now. I assumed that the electric clutch would lock up when i put 12 volts to it.. It doesn't. Does this mean it is broken or does it have to be spun at 1000 rpm to lock up? This is a tough one to answer and i am looking for advice as to who i should ask if you don't know. I also decided i am running a 30-50hp nitrous shot through the blower. Great for cooling the intake charge. Please let me know if you know how the clutch works. I am thinking it might be easier if i ditch the clutch but i really like the idea of it. Ok thanks alot.
Bret

got some pics of the car on now. Within 1 month it will be painted and ready to go i hope then this winter the engine project starts.

www.geocities.com/bretcutler/TVRpics
Old 08-20-2002, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 SLK32 AMG
Sounds like a cool project. I wish I could help you but I traded my '99 SLK over a year ago, so I can't check the voltage of the wires, etc. I do know that the clutch engaged at between 2500 and 3000 rpm, though.