SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Proud new SLK230 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proud new SLK230 owner

Hello everyone,

This is my first time here and I just bought my first Mercedes SLK 230. I love the car but for some odd reason it doesn't have a CD changer. I thought I may have been ripped off but it seems as though a lot of them don't (I did some searching on the Internet and found a few people with similar situations). Anyways, how do I go about putting one in and is there one that will definitely work with the stock interface? The car should already be wired for it correct? I know nothing about car audio so forgive me for my ignorance.

Thank you for your help!

Michael
Old 03-29-2006, 06:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome.

The Changers are often on Ebay, but from what I am reading nowdays the Ipod connected thru a tape interface seems to be the go.

Bazzle
Old 03-29-2006, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Originally Posted by MichaelB21
Hello everyone,

This is my first time here and I just bought my first Mercedes SLK 230. I love the car but for some odd reason it doesn't have a CD changer. I thought I may have been ripped off but it seems as though a lot of them don't (I did some searching on the Internet and found a few people with similar situations). Anyways, how do I go about putting one in and is there one that will definitely work with the stock interface? The car should already be wired for it correct? I know nothing about car audio so forgive me for my ignorance.

Thank you for your help!

Michael
The CD changers many times are a dealer added item. The car is all prewired in the trunk for the changer so they are simple to install yourself.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:20 AM

Thanks for your help guys. Will this one work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MERCEDES-BENZ-6-...QQcmdZViewItem

I know the auction says that it will work, but then I found other web pages that don't make any mention of the SLK yet have the same part number like this one:

http://www.adelcom.net/MERCEDES_merc-6CD.htm

Any idea on this? If the one in the auction won't work then what one will? (2002 SLK 230)

I know nothing about car audio so I have no idea how hard this stuff is to install. Could I pay a Mercedes dealership to install it for me or will they have a fit that I didn't order the parts from them?

Thanks for your help guys, it means a lot to this new Mercedes owner. I love the car and the fact that it doesn't have a CD player is killing me!

Michael
Old 03-30-2006, 08:25 PM

'99 SLK 230
That's the same part no. as mine

I installed one of that part number in my '99 myself. For a factory fit you need a bracket for the SLK. You also may have to rearrange the fiber optics - there are redundant pairs to accommodate various configurations (CD only, telephone only, CD and telephone). Some dealers are fine with what you want to do; give yours a call and find out.