SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Help! with radio...for SLK230 need code!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz SLK230 1999
Exclamation Help! with radio...for SLK230 need code!

Hi everyone, I am 18 and I own a MBSLK230 which I named Mochi, I don't really know that much about MB. The problem is my car radio has the word CODE but it all happened when I installed a new alarm which I had to take out the power. At first it say CODE but I don't know the code...so I dumbfoundly pressed a bunch of numbers and I got wait. Now what I really want to know is how do i get the CODE. I really need your help. Anyone that has a slk230 and have the code can I have it. Thank You

Last edited by MochiSLK; 04-24-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Not all codes are the same. The one from my stereo will not work on your stereo. Did you get a Code Card with the car? It is silver and the same size as a credit card. It will have the serial number of your stereo on it as well as the code that you need to enter when ever the battery is disconnected or the stereo is disconnected.

If you don't, you can go to the dealership and they can look up the code with your VIN number. If that is the original stereo, they will be able to give you the code after you show proof of ownership of the car. If it is not the original stereo, they will have to look the code up with the serial number.

You have to have the code in order to activate the stereo. If you just punch numbers in, you will get the WAIT display. This locks you out from entering codes for an hour.

Last edited by E-Klasse; 04-25-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 SLK 230 - US Model
Smile Radio Code

I also needed a radio code after disconnected the battery for a few hours.

Since I'm registered with the local MB dealer I was able to get my code over the phone after I gave them my VIN. Being a new owner you will probably have to either go to the dealer and show proof of ownership, or send them some type of proof via facsimile, pdf, etc.

After you have the correct code it takes appx 10 seconds.

Good luck!