SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Electrical problems: windows are stuck and roof doesn't work!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ummmmm...slr?
Electrical problems: windows are stuck and roof doesn't work!

I have a problem which maybe somebody can provide me some insight on? My windows and roof switches don't work at all in the center console. First of all, my lighter stopped working about 2 years ago a little while after I had bought the car. Then, about 3 days ago, I did a really stupid thing. It gets really HOT in florida (esp w/ black on black car) so I left the windows open about an inch on both sides when I parked my car for about 4-5 hours. It rained a slight bit (nothing too heavy!) like it does almost everyday here and I got in the car after it had stopped raining. I go to put up my windows realizing the beating my poor SLK had taken and they dont work! I checked the roof and it doesnt work either. Also the door lock/unlock btton does not work from the console. In addition my cabin light does not turn on when I open/close the door. HOWEVER, the side view power mirrors button on the center console works fine, the fog lights turn on when I close my doors if the headlights were on, the doors lock and unlock with the key FOB and the cabin light turns on when I put the switch in the ON position. Can anyone figure out this electrical problem please!?!?!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 PM

ummmmm...slr?
Anybody? Well I checked all 3 fuse boxes and the PSE unit following the suggestions at benzworld.org forums, any more suggestions from you guys please??
Old 08-21-2006, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Sounds like a control module went bad for the roof and window. The PSE module controls the dome light. Mirror controls are separate.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:01 AM

1997 SLK230
Just trying to help

Have you try resetting the control lock unit of your car. It is in your user manual saying: Get in your car first, then press the remote control key twice quickly then turn the key to start your engine. Not sure whether this will work, but no harm in trying. Good luck.