SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Proud New SLK 320 Owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Proud New SLK 320 Owner!

This is my first time here, and I'd like to introduce myself. Name is Rob, and I've been a member for awhile. I just decided yesterday to buy myself an SLK 320 from a friend. He was going through a divorce, needed the money, and sold it to me AS-IS. Anyways, I bought it and now I want to make it the best SLK out there. Plans include engine mods, wheel-tire combos, and new headlamps, plus a stereo system. But first thing's first, this thing was MISTREATED!

Theres a few body dings, but that's no problem. The switch for the convertible is broken, and the center console swinging door doesn't latch, to name a few. The interior plastic parts' paint is scratched off, theres a bulb out/missing from behind the speedometer cluster, and there's no rear cd changer.

Besides that, when I take off from a stopped position, and my hand is on the shifter knob (it's an automatic), I can literally feel the transmission knob shifting around. Feels like a mount is off. Anyways, I am very happy with this car, but was hoping maybe some people here could lend a hand, suggestions, anywhere I can go to get SLK parts. Or someone could suggest a few websites that sell aftermarket SLK parts.

Anyways, hope I learn a lot from this forum! Thanks!
Old 11-22-2007, 11:55 AM

ANd here is the car itself:

Here are some pics!
Attached Thumbnails Proud New SLK 320 Owner!-dsc00546.jpg   Proud New SLK 320 Owner!-dsc00550.jpg   Proud New SLK 320 Owner!-dsc00552.jpg   Proud New SLK 320 Owner!-dsc00554.jpg   Proud New SLK 320 Owner!-dsc00548.jpg  

Old 11-28-2007, 04:59 PM

I just got the interior "plastic between the seats", glove box, and top center above the mirror where the top touches all redone at the dealer for under $250. It looks brand new inside. Haven't done any aftermarket. I want to have the computer reprogrammed, add a pulley kit, and larger intake for the supercharger but not having any luck finding someone to do the work in the Washington DC area.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Does the knob twist around on the shaft. It could be broken inside. I changed my wood trim to Special Edition trim and changed my shift knob for the AMG black burl wood so if you want to buy my original parts to replace the broken ones, let me know.

Originally Posted by bestideayet
This is my first time here, and I'd like to introduce myself. Name is Rob, and I've been a member for awhile. I just decided yesterday to buy myself an SLK 320 from a friend. He was going through a divorce, needed the money, and sold it to me AS-IS. Anyways, I bought it and now I want to make it the best SLK out there. Plans include engine mods, wheel-tire combos, and new headlamps, plus a stereo system. But first thing's first, this thing was MISTREATED!

Theres a few body dings, but that's no problem. The switch for the convertible is broken, and the center console swinging door doesn't latch, to name a few. The interior plastic parts' paint is scratched off, theres a bulb out/missing from behind the speedometer cluster, and there's no rear cd changer.

Besides that, when I take off from a stopped position, and my hand is on the shifter knob (it's an automatic), I can literally feel the transmission knob shifting around. Feels like a mount is off. Anyways, I am very happy with this car, but was hoping maybe some people here could lend a hand, suggestions, anywhere I can go to get SLK parts. Or someone could suggest a few websites that sell aftermarket SLK parts.

Anyways, hope I learn a lot from this forum! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Proud New SLK 320 Owner!-pic01.jpg   Proud New SLK 320 Owner!-pic02.jpg   Proud New SLK 320 Owner!-pic03.jpg  
Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM

05 CLK500; 07 Volvo XC90
Originally Posted by Erok
I just got the interior "plastic between the seats", glove box, and top center above the mirror where the top touches all redone at the dealer for under $250. It looks brand new inside. Haven't done any aftermarket. I want to have the computer reprogrammed, add a pulley kit, and larger intake for the supercharger but not having any luck finding someone to do the work in the Washington DC area.
try Peter Fuchs of Silver Star Motors in Vienna. He has been out of his own for over 15 years now (used to be a mechanic for American Service Center). He is very good with Mercedes.