SLK/R170: 2000 230K sports package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
frankenstein 2001 CLK 430
2000 230K sports package

greetings

i found a really nice 230k but i don't have any history about the car, i am Beirut lebanon and wondering if any one could carfax me this WDBKK47F2YF148324. i am hoping to be an SLK owner.

thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:09 PM

1999 SLK 230 - Magma Red
Luckily for you I registered JUST to answer your question. I was cruising around the net and reading some posts here as a guest when I saw your plea. I then ran your VIN for you and once I saw what I saw I was compelled to register to tell you. I hope it's not too late.

I just happened to still have most of a month left on my Carfax subscription that I used to buy my car.

Your car that you list has been recorded as a Total Loss at one time

It has had 7 listed owners and on the 6th one it shows it was listed as a total loss at around 80 thousand miles to an Insurance company. The Carfax has an alert for it on that car.

... and the 7th owner has it on a Salvage title.

It almost appears to me it was sold briefly in between owner 6 and 7 and both times listed as totaled. Now... I would imagine someone bought it and returned it. Which even more concerns me if so. It may have unfixable issues.

I would not buy this car unless you can really check it out. And even then these little things have to be fixed PERFECTLY as they are subject to so much twist and turns and things operate so complicatedly.

I don't know how to send you a Carfax report but if you don't believe me then I strongly suggest you pay the $29 for a subscription before you decide.

I used the VIN number you posted and I copied and pasted it to be sure it was accurate.

Last edited by cphilip; 01-21-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 AM

frankenstein 2001 CLK 430
Originally Posted by cphilip
Luckily for you I registered JUST to answer your question. I was cruising around the net and reading some posts here as a guest when I saw your plea. I then ran your VIN for you and once I saw what I saw I was compelled to register to tell you. I hope it's not too late.

I just happened to still have most of a month left on my Carfax subscription that I used to buy my car.

Your car that you list has been recorded as a Total Loss at one time

It has had 7 listed owners and on the 6th one it shows it was listed as a total loss at around 80 thousand miles to an Insurance company. The Carfax has an alert for it on that car.

... and the 7th owner has it on a Salvage title.

It almost appears to me it was sold briefly in between owner 6 and 7 and both times listed as totaled. Now... I would imagine someone bought it and returned it. Which even more concerns me if so. It may have unfixable issues.

I would not buy this car unless you can really check it out. And even then these little things have to be fixed PERFECTLY as they are subject to so much twist and turns and things operate so complicatedly.

I don't know how to send you a Carfax report but if you don't believe me then I strongly suggest you pay the $29 for a subscription before you decide.

I used the VIN number you posted and I copied and pasted it to be sure it was accurate.
thank you very much, i took the care to make a pre purchase inspection and found out that it has a whole new rear end, the car has actually been cut in half!!! the problem is that 99% of the car in Lebanon have a salvage title... thank alot cphilip
Old 01-22-2008, 10:21 AM

1999 SLK 230 - Magma Red
No problem. Glad I could help. Good luck finding the right car.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=ahmed18881;2610710] the problem is that 99% of the car in Lebanon have a salvage title... [QUOTE]

Wow, is that because they keep getting hit by bombs?