SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Rear speakers no workie. Bose fuse or new amp needed???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK230
Rear speakers no workie. Bose fuse or new amp needed???

any help here would be great... I have a becker cd player with a bose speaker set up and my rear speakers are not working (MB upgrade option 1998 SLK 230, no CD changer in trunk)-- problem started after putting in a new battery if that means anything... I first thought perhaps the deck was the problem, because I had to pull it to get the serial # to get the code (thought maybe I loosed a connection inside the deck) -- but then I saw that the outputs on the deck were only connected for the front speakers (I assume the amp splits the signal for all the speakers)... SO -- Does anyone know if this could be a blown fuse somewhere or does my amp have a blown channel??? any info would be great here, for instance, is there a separate amp for the rear speakers?
Thanks
Eric
Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM

slk
You have to be very carefull when changing or removing the batt on a SLK, Surge blocker should really be fitted when you doing so.

People can find allsorts of problems after, Clock cluster faults are the norm.

I have not messed with the bose amp so no help sorry
Old 02-03-2008, 11:44 PM

'99 SLK 230
The Bose setup has a pair of wires each for left and right to the amp, located under the passenger foot well. From the amp, two pair of wires run to the front speakers, and two more pair to the rear. The rear speakers are basically subwoofers. Are you sure they’re not working? Temporarily crank the bass all the way up, and listen again.