SLK/R170: Wiring problem with ABS pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 SLK 230
Wiring problem with ABS pump

2001 SLK 230

I was wondering if someone could explain to me a little about my problem.. I unplugged the piece circled in red. and when doing so it was said to me that it would enter the car into "drag mode". While it was in that mode. i believe i didnt fully disconnect this and now when i plug it back in the unit labled ESP (circled in the yellow) is constantly running weather the car is on or off. The only way i can get it to shut off is to unplug that whole piece (circled in the red)

If anyone could tell me what the name of these things actually are that would be great for starters.

Other than that which one of the wires that are in the red circled piece control the yellow circled piece and which is the ground, power, etc..

In the picture "short" it looks as tho i have shorted one of those wires or have caused somthing to happen there... Please help!!!

I believe the object in the yellow square is the ABS pump?
Attached Thumbnails Wiring problem with ABS pump-pic1.jpg   Wiring problem with ABS pump-pic2.jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Well that is the ABS ESP BAS module and it sounds like the control module is shorted on all of the time. Do you have any error lights on in the instrument cluster? Try to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and see if the operation changes once the battery is reconnected. Did you unplug it while the battery was connected or the key in the ignition?