SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: lowering slk230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 SLK 230 K
btw , with the 18" wheels , how is the handling ?

The handling is great!! you won't belive the speed i have through the corners!

It is really superb the only downside is that you have to be more careful on the "not so well taken care of roads".....

But i'll live!

My GF actully thought that the car was more comfortable to ride in..
Old 05-16-2003, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesnt make much sense that a H&R cup kit would feel more comfortable then a stock height. I'm sure handling is much better though. Btw, did u use a camber kit of any sort?? How long have you had the H&R cup kit and have tires on the inner walls been wearing out yet?

this was stated on the H&R site:
Additionally, since cup-kits have such a low ride height, camber measurements will be negative. Negative camber causes quicker wear and camber adjusting devices will be necessary in most applications.

Also IMO, 18"s ride slightly rougher and it feels as though they tend to fall into the cracks and crevices in comparison to stock 16s. On another note the car also feels less responsive, but I'm guessing that its because of the wider tires in the front and rear. Stability in cornering has increased substantially though.

Originally posted by Pelle75
I could recommend H&Rs Cup Kit the comfort in the car is much better and it lowers more than the H&R springs. Looks good with 18" Carlsson 2/5 brilliant edition wheels

More pics of the car when all modifications are done
Old 05-17-2003, 02:03 AM

CLK320 & SLK230
thx all the advice

finally , i make a decision to take the h&r cup kit for my slk
well , if i have extra $$$ , i would take an aftermarket exhaust
Old 05-17-2003, 09:06 AM
Almost a Member!

MB SLK 230 kompressor -01, MB C32 AMG -02
Originally posted by mJstk01
Doesnt make much sense that a H&R cup kit would feel more comfortable then a stock height. I'm sure handling is much better though. Btw, did u use a camber kit of any sort?? How long have you had the H&R cup kit and have tires on the inner walls been wearing out yet?

this was stated on the H&R site:
Additionally, since cup-kits have such a low ride height, camber measurements will be negative. Negative camber causes quicker wear and camber adjusting devices will be necessary in most applications.

Also IMO, 18"s ride slightly rougher and it feels as though they tend to fall into the cracks and crevices in comparison to stock 16s. On another note the car also feels less responsive, but I'm guessing that its because of the wider tires in the front and rear. Stability in cornering has increased substantially though.
The ride is much better than installing springs only
Yes I have to adjust the camber but I have to wait until the springs are set. Just lowering the car 3 days ago

The handling is superb and I dont have to worry about bumps or cracks in the road the car is high enough.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:19 AM

CLK320 & SLK230
Originally posted by Pelle75

The handling is superb and I dont have to worry about bumps or cracks in the road the car is high enough. [/B]
this sounds very good
I was too afraid of this problem , coz I got bad time with my ex-lowering prelude be4 ..
Old 05-23-2003, 01:13 PM

03' E55 AMG
anybody?

anybody lower their car themselves yet? i just ordered h&r springs. i would like a "how to" for installing springs.

thanks.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:08 AM

CLK320 & SLK230
so ... how is ur job , done already ?
and is it easy ?