SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Fog Lamp Trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230
Unhappy Fog Lamp Trouble

I changed the bulb in my right side fog lamp and it still doesn't light. I checked the fuses and no problem there. Has anyone else had any problems? Should I try and get another new bulb, or just get a whole new fog lamp casing. If any body knows of any other ways to diagnos the problem please let me know....

Thanks
Old 05-15-2003, 03:00 PM

1999 SLK230 Kompressor
Fog lamp trouble

DCMB230,
I suggest you check the wiring to the fog lamp itself - not a very complicated procedure, just be careful you don't break anything. There should be two wires that connect to the bulb housing and I have noticed that sometimes the wiring corrodes or becomes dislodged for whatever reason (fender bender, bump in road, water entry, etc). I sure hope you don't have to buy a new fog lamp assembly - those things are not exactly cheap. Good luck!!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:16 PM

2008 M6 Vert
The wiring for one of my fog lamps corroded. I removed the plastic casing on the foglamp and detached the connector and replaced it with another one from my tool kit. It was really hard working through the little opening in the wheel well but once you figure out the wiring components, it was really easy.

Hope this helps, if not let me know and I will be happy to help.