SLK/R170: New member hello plus a small question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK 200 Kompressor R170
New member hello plus a small question

Hi to everyone,
a few weeks ago I bought an SLK 200 Kompressor and I am very pleased with it. I have wax oiled the under body which was not looking very well, rather rusty looking, and removed the wheels and did the same to the components there, and it is looking a lot happier.
Though it is registered in January 2001, the mileage is only just under 40,000 miles, and was last serviced in July at 39,303 miles (a "B" service). My question is, on reading the forum I checked the time/distance to the next service, (just to check out the procedure), using the button on the left of the speedo, and it shows a large spanner, a little clock in the top left corner, and the number 10 alongside. As the last service was a B, carried out by an independent, is that 10,000 miles or what? or has he not reset it? the manual states this is the number of days to the next timed service, but I think I am misunderstanding, so your input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Yozzer; 11-09-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Solved, the guy who serviced it forgot to reset, so I did it myself
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK 200 Kompressor R170
The count went down by 1 every few days, not each day which is what put me off that it was meant to be days to the next service, but eventually it went to a minus number, so I called the garage and they said to reset it, and it went to 10000 which I assume is miles so all is well.