SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: P0410 is it related to the supercharger?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 G63
Question P0410 is it related to the supercharger?

Hello, just bought a SLK230 MY2002, when I bought it 5 days ago I noticed that the CEL light was on, I checked it with STAR machine it had a hard fault for secondary air injection system, I simply earased the code and have been driving for the past week. Just last night I noticed that the super charger wasn't engaged, checks it again with star machine and it had a stored fault for P0410, no check engine light, reset codes and the supercharger was engaged again. Code says - secondary air injection valve - air flow to low. The car has 50,000 miles on it. I'm the second owner previous owner was an older guy.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Benz C230 Kompressor W202 - Black "Redd"
I had a similar issue for my 2000 C230K 150k -- P0410 & P0101 for MAF sensor. I noticed some hesitations on gas flow/air flow during the cold start, and would sometimes engine would stall on stop signs. I then lost boost power from the kompressor so I replaced a new MAF sensor which solved the P0101 problem and the kompressor worked again.

For the P0410 code, it could be either the air injection Shutoff valve or the Check Valve itself. It could be something that easy or a total clean up in the air injection vaccum lines. I have replaced a used shutoff valve i found in the part lot near my house at first and the CEL was erased, but I am still experiencing hesitations in cold starts. I have research it further about this problem and some people say it is a carbon build up in the check valve/shutoff valve which was true because my shutoff and check valves looked like they have a lot of build up and all black. Some also say the solution is to replace the check valve which I later did with a new one, but problem is, until now I am still experiencing the hesitation in the morning. Which is very bothersome since I have to wait at least two minutes to warm the car up in my open garage.

I just replaced the fuel filter and drained the trans fluid 8k miles ago.

I'm thinkg I may need to slap a new shutoff valve - which I havent done yet. But before I do, Im just really checking if it is the culprit.

Some related links below:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203...ssor-w203.html

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170...-solution.html

Last edited by Strykher; 02-08-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 G63
In case anyone else is wondering, if there is a check engine light on and code is related to supercharger or secondary air injection system ME will automatically shut off supercharger for safety reasons.