SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Unlocking the SLK boot...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
230 SLK
Unlocking the SLK boot...

Folks...Ive been an ****. Consequently Im hoping somebody can tell me the nice logical Germans covered the possibility of future owners being ***** and came up with a way round it. And more importantly one of you knows its!

Ive locked my keys in the boot. Normally this wouldnt be a problem, except they are my spare keys and it seems Ive managed to lose my main keys out of my pocket sometime on Sunday evening on the train out here. Hopefully SBB will have found my keys, but maybe not

Why were my spare keys in the boot you may ask with a degree of common sense...Id packed up moving from one appt to another so the keys with the car paperwork were all packed away in the boot waiting for me to get back here and just drive across.

So er, *please* somebody tell me they know a quick and easy way for moronic aholes to get into their boot without a key?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230 R170 1999
Master of the slow responses; did you resolve this?

Simple option is to screwdriver the lock, and gain access.
The lock itself is simple to replace, and probably inexpensive.
And I have rebuilt a lock that did not match my key so it works with the key; it's not hard, but it is a bit fiddly with 10 tumblers.

And, probably, you will do your boot locking and unlocking using the central locking, so very rarely use the lock.