SLK/R170: P0410 HELP IM LOST!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 G63
Exclamation P0410 HELP IM LOST!!!!!!!!

P0410 Madness!

P0410 code keeps coming on, sometimes I can tell because the supercharger cuts out other times the check engine light is on.

Ive replaced the main engine wiring harness in the mids of when this whole madness started thinking there was possibly a short in the harness, ive changed the harness, replaced the cam advance magnet and installed the oil stopper harness on the magnet...

I've cleared it numerous times over the past 2 weeks.
Looking at the notorious valve attached to the metal pipe that goes around the engine block (check valve) it looks to me like its been replaced, the top is very very very clean and shiny.

The electronic check valve the black one with the two vacuum lines going to it on the top I have actuated with the Mercedes-Benz STAR diagnostic machine and it switches on and off as it should. I've also checked vacuum at the other vacuum powered valve upstream of the prone failure check valve and it doesn't leak what so ever. Everything has passed but this code keeps coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I can think of is that the SHINY check valve which has a MB part number on the top is either stuck, damaged or some how just a faulty part. I have no idea who has replaced this as the one and only MB dealer here doesn't have any history on replacing this valve, must of been done at a independent shop.

I will probably replace the main check valve on the metal pipe just to eliminate that as well as the valve upstream of that.

Apart from that I have NO IDEA WHATS LEFT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently the secondary air pump only runs when the engine is cold (I learned this today). so you need to check for suction when the engine is cold, apparently the pump shuts off around 30 seconds after startup.