SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Need Help w/ Part# for Lock Actuator Fitting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320, SLK230, T1N Sprinter
Need Help w/ Part# for Lock Actuator Fitting

My driver's door lock became very sluggish in the locking direction recently, so I removed the inner door panel, and accessed the actuator.

In removing the vacuum line from the actuator, the press-on, 90 degree adapter fitting broke at the point the vacuum line connects to it.

Upon removing the fitting from the actuator, the right-angle fitting was cracked (and finished breaking off upon removal). I am guessing at this point it was cracked, causing the sluggish, intermittent operation (the rest of the system works perfectly).

I tried to cross reference the part number on it without luck. What I can read is 3 012508/3 on the part pictured, but the symbol is not a MB one.

Below are two links for photos of the part if anyone can help me identify it with a MB Part # so I can (hopefully) get one.

Any assistance would be most welcome!

Click On:

1) http://screencast.com/t/mCUoawPZ5JD (Red arrow points to broken-off male hose fitting)

2) http://screencast.com/t/unbVifrbaTh (Red arrows approximate size of broken-off male hose fitting)

UPDATE- Since I cannot delete a post, only edit it, I'll pass along that I managed to cross-reference it to MB Part A 202 8000 453

With the right angle adapter removed, I slipped a length of windshield washer hose over the actuator nipple itself, and with the door latch closed (door open) the lightest amount of sucking or blowing by mouth effortlessly worked the lock BOTH ways, so the actuator and lock are fine. I suspect it was a cracked nipple on the right angle adapter itself given how it literally fell apart when disturbed. The hose was REALLY tight, with zero slack, so I'm guessing it was under a lot to tension and just failed at the weakest point.

I have ordered a couple from Pelican, and if the lock doesn't work then, I probably have an air leak somewhere else, hopefully somewhere easy like at the PSE itself in the trunk where I can access it, but hopefully not a broken nipple!

Last edited by bobinyelm; 02-09-2015 at 06:50 PM.