SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Wiper noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230
Wiper noise

My windscreen wipers make a horrible noise when clearing rain from the windscreen. I recently changed the blades, but it still makes the noise (its as if the window is not wet enough to sweep smoothly thus making the baldes 'stick' to the glass) even when the window is covered in water.
Could the wiper arms be bent so there is too much pressure on the glass ?? Anyone else had this problem.

Also, I find it annoying that I cannot vary the speed of the intermitent wipe mode (unless I haven't found the switch). My 17 year old VW has this feature and would really love it on my SLK.
Does anyone know where I can buy an after-market relay to allow me to vary the gap between wipes ??
Old 12-14-2001, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
Sounds to me like a problem with your wipers! You should bring it in to the dealer.

Check your manual, I think the intermittent mode speed is supposed to vary with vehicle speed.

I could be wrong - I can't find any information about SLK wipers on www.mbusa.com. That is how my ML320 wipers work, although I'm not sure I can tell any difference in the speeds.

My C32 has rain-sensing wipers