SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: performance parts???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55
performance parts???

Looking for some parts for my car and have NO clue where to start or what my options are:

SLK230 Kompressor

1.) Exhaust system
2.) Headers
3.) Intake
4.) Body Kit Options
5.) Carbon Fiber Hood

Please let me know where I can start looking for these types of parts.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:29 PM

SLK230
I use a brabus exhuast, it sounds great and wasn't too hard to install. I bought it on e-bay for a good price, I haven't found a place that sells them outright.

Also, the headers, you may only want one. I don't know where you would bolt the other on? Sorry I had to. Actually, I wouldn't mind knowing if there somebody makes a heaader for the 2.3 motor.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Try http://www.eisenhaus.com/ for the exhaust. I've heard the race exhaust on an SLK320 and it sounds great. Not sure the price on the Brabus exhaust but I know a lot of their products tend to be pricey. Kleeman and MKB make mercedes headers but I don't know if they make them for the 4 cylinders or not. Its not really a body kit but one thing that looks great on the SLK is replacing the standard grill with the CL/SL grill. Better airflow and looks great.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:35 PM

1999 Slk 230 Sport
Re: performance parts???

Originally posted by originautoworks
Looking for some parts for my car and have NO clue where to start or what my options are:

SLK230 Kompressor

1.) Exhaust system
2.) Headers
3.) Intake
4.) Body Kit Options
5.) Carbon Fiber Hood

Please let me know where I can start looking for these types of parts.
1.) I too would recommend eisenmann http://www.eisenhaus.com/

2.) supersprint makes headers for the 2.3L so try that or, if you have the money.... www.gtfabrications.com they can make anything. They are gonna make a set of one off headers for a E430 from what I hear from talking with the owner. They are also making me custom aluminum end tanks for my stock intercooler....

3.) NO intakes are available for the 2.3L. However, I have a prototype on my car and have been taking with GT fabrications to see about making it so I could sell it here on the forums. I would like to have people hear mine first since it gets rid of the stock airbox so you can hear the supercharger ALOT more.

4.) don't do the body kit.....just get the AMG kit and call it a day. IF you insist, check with www.dtmautohaus.com they have a slk230 that they sponsor. Reiger has a kit for it they can probably get.

5.) http://www.2loww.com/topmercedes.html
Old 09-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Almost a Member!

SLK 230K
Hi...
I have the REMUS (ROMULUS) exhaust with a K&N filter and JUST with that i felt my car VERY VERY "nervous" and with a BETER response!

Last month i upgraded the ECU.....YESSSSS!!!