SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: 1998 SLK 200: Central locking Vacuum pump replacement??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 1998
1998 SLK 200: Central locking Vacuum pump replacement?

Hi, my old vacuum pump for the central locking system got destroyed beyong repair by water (common problem), and I foolishly threw it away before buying a replacement pump. The "new" used pump I got had an extra socket on the base, for which I have to cable. I hooked it up without anythiing in the extra socket, but the pump does nothing.

I can`t find any info on the forums about this, so hopefully someone can tell me which type of pump is compatible with my old 1998 model SLK200 (imported from Germany)? I see on ebay there are different "Q-stand" numbers, like "Q-stand 06" or "Q-stand" 01" although I have no clue what they mean, or if they are important. First I thought the lowest number would be logical choice, since my car is so old, but the "Q-stand 01" I found on ebay has that extra socket for which I have no wire to connect in my car. There is a "Q-stand 06" pump without the socket which looks like the one I had, but I don`t want to risk to buy yet another wrong type.

The roof doesn`t retract either, and I recently got informed by the MB workshop that the central locking pump has to be installed for it wo work. So really hoping someone could look at their pump from a similar car/model and see what text and number is on the pump. That would really bring my car back to life this summer

Thank you

Last edited by Erik Flaaten; 07-04-2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo