SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: Anyone with recaro seats???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with recaro seats???

I'm planning to upgrade my seats to recaros. I'm getting tired of the uncomfortable seats in my 230. Anyone did this upgrade before? Does the universal sliders work for this car? Thanks
Old 10-19-2004, 11:30 AM

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts
First off, your question is slightly loaded. You currently have RECARO brand seats. They are OEM for Mercedes Benz. If you take off the leather you will see RECARO stamps all over the seat.

You probably meant to say that you want replacement RECARO or another brand sport-type seat. THis can be done, although you will loos quite a bit of options (such as power adjustments, heated seat, etc) unless you plan on buying very expensive RECARO X1 seat that has power adjustment and massage/heat.

You can modify your own seat by following steps illustrated at this website: www.slk32.org

You can also look into Carbaeu seats, Sparco, Recaro and MOMO. There are also a number of Generic or "custom" seats available with Brand name insignia badges (like stitched Carlsson logo, etc) try looking on e-bay for that.

You can also upgrade to 2001+ SLK 320 seats that are a significant improvement over the flat 230 seats. And finally, SLK32 seats are better still, and are avialbel from junk yards, local Mercedes recycling yards, or even from the dealership.

Hope that helps.