SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: 1998 SLK For Sale - Probably a Parts Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a Mercedes
1998 SLK For Sale - Probably a Parts Car

Hello, first things first – While I definitely dig them, and have driven quite a few, I’m not a Mercedes guy (I’m Porsche and VW). I registered on this forum for the sole purpose of putting up this post.

Because I’m a relatively knowledgeable all-around car enthusiast, I’m posting this for someone in my neighborhood who is not one by any stretch of the imagination. We’re hoping that someone here will be interested in purchasing this 1998 SLK, which is located in Southport, NC. Here’s the skinny:

While I am not intimately familiar with the car, as best as I know just by driving by it hundreds of times, it has sat for over five years without moving, or even having its engine started. Please take a look at the photos – my assessment is at this point, it’s probably a parts car. That said, I think there’s probably a lot of good, usable parts to be harvested. We’d rather see those parts/the car go to an actual enthusiast, rather than a salvage yard. Obviously, the car will need to be flat-bedded away.

More to the story: The house with the driveway the car is in was struck by lightning about two weeks ago, caught fire, and is completely destroyed, requiring complete demolition. The demolition will be commencing soon, so the car has to be removed from the premises ASAP if not sooner. With this, all reasonable offers will be considered. The owner has the title in-hand, so it will be a quick, clean transaction. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll do my best to answer them. Thanks for reading!