SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)

ran into a bit of a descision problem.. concerning colors.. -.-
MAN THEY'RE ALL SO GOOD

im thinking obsidian black / iridium silver / diamond silver for ext

and.. beige or black for the int..

i need to see obsidian black in person though.. how is it different from black?

and the differences between dia and iri silver

OH AND id LOVE to see some of your slks.. if you guys havent posted on the picture thread

THANKS!

-jon
Old 03-11-2005, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obsidian Black has metallic paint in it. You can see the silver flakes under the sun.

Diamond silver is kind of like metallic sky blue. Very light blue with metallic paint.

Iridium silver is very bright silver, the MB silver that you see on the streets is usually brilliant silver, Iridium silver is even "whiter" than brilliant silver.

I am not a good teller, but hope it helps!

Beige interior is very nice, but it will get dirty VERY easily (from jeans, from dusts), especially the car is a convertible.

Black interior is just regular charcoal interior, nothing special.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:28 PM

slk 350
Irridium/black for me. I know it's common, but I think it looks great. More class, less flash. Oh, and I have the manual. It also is great. For me, the manual was the only way to go .Very satisfying.
Attached Thumbnails Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)-top-down-front-pass-smaller-2.jpg   Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)-interior-smaller2.jpg  

Last edited by bmwnomore; 03-11-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:48 PM

I also have an SLK350 in Iridium Silver w. a black interior. I considered the ash interior but as Harris points out regarding the beige interior, it will show the dirt very easily. I was concerned that the same would be true with the ash. The only negative that I see with a black interior in a roadster is that the seats will get quite hot in the summer sun.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:46 PM

2005 SLK 350, Obs Blk/Ash
MadMax in Obsidian Blk/Ash Leather

Hey Oster

Have owned my Obsidian Blk/Ash leather since 12/31/04. Absolutely in love with the color combination. Get many compliments. Was nervous at first as I had not seen ObsBlk/Ash. The dealer had yet to deliver one. No offense to the Tan leather owners, but I did see Blk/Tan at the dealer. The tan leather was more of a yellow/golden color in lieu of natural tan. It's definitely a personal preference. Here are a few pix of my Obsidian Black with Ash leather. There are more pix that I posted back in Jan05. (FYI...I just learned the hard way that MBWorld programing only lets you post a the same pic once.)

Have fun choosing and Go Fast!!

bobby
Attached Thumbnails Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)-max05slk0069.jpg   Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)-max05slk0006.jpg   Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)-max05slk0039.jpg   Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)-max05slk0037.jpg   Your Favorite/Current Colors (ext/int) On Your SLK :)-max05slk0044.jpg  

Old 03-12-2005, 07:46 PM

06 SLK55 AMG Firemist/Blk
Beautiful combo Oster. I really like the ash and almost ordered it but to me the beige goes with red better. Can see where beige would not complement the black and would contrast as slightly yellow though. One thing is for sure (IMHO and yours I'm sure) is the two tone effect really adds character and class to the interior. My pet peve about black is this: To me when just washed and sitting by itself (showroom it's tops) it is the most beautiful color hands down. Drive it down the road and it gets dirty instantly and it just doesn't stand out in traffic.

So my choice is freshly Zainoed Mars and Beige.

Old 03-12-2005, 08:25 PM

Airbus
Beautiful cars folks. Love that contrasting look! Just visiting from the CLS board. Ordering A CLS500 next month and as you can tell by my sig, still not completely sure on a color combo. Must be driving the dealer nuts always stopping by to walk the lot looking at colors on other vehicles. Was told this week our shade of Ash is somewhat darker. Do I go with a lighter color with the black leather where it gets 110 in the summer? Or the darker color(harder to take care of) with the light interior? light/light just doesn't contrast imho.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:32 PM

2005 SLK350 Silver w/ Black; 2004 GMC Sierra 2500
Originally Posted by Julien321
Beautiful combo Oster. I really like the ash and almost ordered it but to me the beige goes with red better. Can see where beige would not complement the black and would contrast as slightly yellow though. One thing is for sure (IMHO and yours I'm sure) is the two tone effect really adds character and class to the interior. My pet peve about black is this: To me when just washed and sitting by itself (showroom it's tops) it is the most beautiful color hands down. Drive it down the road and it gets dirty instantly and it just doesn't stand out in traffic.

So my choice is freshly Zainoed Mars and Beige.

Which aerowings do you have installed? I like the look but keep goind back and forth with ones to buy, but yours look great!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:30 AM

Hi Julian

Completely agree! Mars Red and beige are the perfect complimenting combination. Your vehicle is stunning in Mars Red. And you're soooooo right about keeping Black clean. I've never owned a black vehicle before. Being very meticulous about my detailing, this color is making me crazy! I've purchased all the Zaino products and look forward to the weather breaking here in New England soon before I snap. Drive Fast Julian!

bobby/MazMax
Old 03-13-2005, 08:35 AM

Hey BOS/SLK

I purchased my aerowings from Performance Products. They were easy to install and the company produced a quick ship time. I've seen better since. Specifically, now the Mercedes dealers are allowing owners to purchase the hood grill assembly replacement part for the SLK55 AMG, which is the exact SLK350 part only with the aerowings attached. I feel they should become part of the AMG Sport Package in the future. R171 site appears to have aerowings closer to the shape and finish of OEM parts. Drive Fast!

bobby
Old 03-13-2005, 11:38 AM

2005 SLK350 Silver w/ Black; 2004 GMC Sierra 2500
MazMax,

Thank you for the tip. Also, i see that you are in the Boston area as well. Where did you purchase the Zaino products or did you get then online?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:48 AM

06 SLK55 AMG Firemist/Blk
Originally Posted by 05SLKMazMax
Hi Julian

Completely agree! Mars Red and beige are the perfect complimenting combination. Your vehicle is stunning in Mars Red. And you're soooooo right about keeping Black clean. I've never owned a black vehicle before. Being very meticulous about my detailing, this color is making me crazy! I've purchased all the Zaino products and look forward to the weather breaking here in New England soon before I snap. Drive Fast Julian!

bobby/MazMax
I have had only one black car and it also drove me crazy trying to keep it clean (have not been the same since). BTW it was 76 yesterday and will be 78 today (only 69 at 11:30) in Hot'lanta and yet to see a cloud. Also that is the most cocaine I have ever seen piled up behind your car.

BostonSLK350, My aerowings are high quality but they came from R171 which has the worst costumer service and I will NOT recommend using them.

Zaino http://www.zainostore.com/