SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Just Bought new 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Bought new 350

Hello All,

Bought a new 350 tonight and will be picking it up tomorrow. Car had just came in and was still covered with plastic and cardboard from shipping. They
hopefully will have it detailed and ready to go tomorrow. It my first MB and I am pretty pumped up about the car. Owned many fast cars but this is our first convertible. I was very impressed with the test drive. Car is very tight and solid and the performance was better then expected. Can't sleep now so I have been up searching for some mods already. Love the polished roll bars,
aerowings and probably a sill plate to start. The performance chip looks good too but the wife might not like me play with her daily driver. My Dodge diesel truck with a 6 speed is currently making 500HP and 1000 ft pounds of torq.
Yes I do like to do a little moding. Live in the Seattle area so the folding hard top is a perfect fit for our weather which has been excellent for the past 6 weeks. Of course now that I am picking up the car tomorrow the rain is back.
The car I test drove didn't have the heating PKG. How does everyone like the air curtain heating for the neck. Looks like a must have to me. I was surprised
at how many cars here in the area didn't have the heated seats. Looks like the dealers are taking what ever MB sends there way. I wouldn't think you
would order one with out it in our climate. It was sunny and 53 on our test drive and my wife didn't even get cold without the heated seats, which is a very good sign. Thinking out about getting the solid wind screen also. Well its my first post and a long one but I can't sleep. More to come. Take care.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:54 AM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Congratulations. SLK 350 is truly an awesome car! Dont forget to post some pics!
Old 03-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK55 AMG
Congrats & Welcome.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:08 PM

slk 350
I have the heating package with heated seats and airscarf. I personally think it's great. I have been able to drive top down when it's downright cold with no problem. I would recommend it. I also have the plexiglass windscreen which I find makes the airscarf more effective and cuts down on turbulence. Although expensive, I think it is worth it. It also looks good. I leave it in place all the time. GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:49 AM

BMWnomore,

Which windscreen do you have the 3 pc MB unit. MB want almost $700 for it.
I found one on-line that is the same MB for $448. I also found an aftermarket one for $279 that is one pc. that I can install and you remove it with to wing nut type fastners. Did you install the MB one yourself? How easy is it to put up and take down. Do you leave it up all the time. That is an upgrade I want to get. Its cool her in the Pacific Northwest and would come in handy.

Thanks

Tom
Old 03-20-2005, 11:07 AM

Hi All,

We picked up the car yesterday. The dealer has been great working with. It was Sat. so they were short on detail guys and they really didn't have enough
time to properly detail the car. Still has some shipping adhesive etc on it. They are going to do another detail on the car when it comes back for the $3000K check up which is great by me. It was raining yesterday and the car was dirty 10 seconds after leaving anyway. Upon expection I saw the drivers side rear rim and tire were damaged. Someone had hit a curb twice with it. It was minor with 2 chips but the sidewall of the tire was missing a chunk. They will replace the tire but they are trying to work the warranty from the tire company? I do see where its the tire companies fault their people can't drive!
We were waiting for my car and they used a silver one to demo all the options. They pulled it inside and put the front air dam (AMG pkg) onto a step. The airdam was all out of shape on that side. It was at 1MPH and i had him back up and it seemed to pop back into shape. The flexability was good to see. I saw another Blk 350 on the floor that had the front screen puched in and it was bent from the same thing! As far as the rim goes they said they have will have it fixed! I was not to big on that answer. I had one done on another car and it didn't match the other wheels. I told them it better look like new or they will be buying me a new rim. Brand new car and the Sales Manager wants to save himself some money. Not the answer I was looking for. I am not worried about because if its not right I will make them make it right when all said and done. As far as the detailing goes I was cool with that
but I want that car perfect to start. We have the Metallic Black and it shows everything. I did hear a rattle in the trunk on the way home. I stopped and locked the plastic cover into place but I could still hear it. Another item for my first visit. This was our first drive in this car. We had drove another car for our demo and it had not rattles and was very tight top up or down. Our weather had been excellent almost summer like until yesterday. Now that I have a convertible it will rain for the next 6 months straight. More posts and questions to come.

Thanks all,

Tom