SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: ECU Programs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK350 Silver w/ Black; 2004 GMC Sierra 2500
ECU Programs

I was wanting to see about getting information on the ECU Tunning programs that several people offer. Are there any adverse effects of having them done? What are the price ranges? Who has the best program? Any ino that you can provide will be appreciated!
Old 03-20-2005, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Boston,

Here is a link to the one I have seen.

http://www.l-c-t.com/acatalog/TUNING2.html

23 HP gain for $650.

I have a programer for my deisel Dodge Cummings truck and love it. Has 3 power settings towing 50 HP, performance 120 HP and Extreme 180 HP and I run on extreme all the time except when towing. Takes about 4 minutes to down load and replaces the factory program. You can down load back to stock when you need to go to the dealer for service. With all the computers on MB they maybe able to tell you had been messing with the program. Depends on the attitude of your dealer. Usually the rule of thumb when we mod our trucks is that at this point you are your own warranty station when you do. They could void your warranty. 23HP is a minor increase and probably
not going to do any harm. The question really is more about keeping your warranty. I am a newbie to MB but my truck is Dodge and we have the same owners. They have been know to have voided warranties for putting on a 4" lift which is BS. There is actully a law and I dont know the name but it states that if you put aftermarket products on your vehicle the manufacture has the burden of proof to prove that the part you installed caused the failure of there part, etc. Usually when you hit them with that or a letter from your lawyer they back off. DC has the worst reputation of the big 3 in the USA as far as this goes. Just FYI. Hopefully other members can help with there experiences with MB. With Dodge it is all about your specific dealer. So dealers do not like warranty work because DC does not pay them enough. MY dealers attitiude is warranty work is like free money waiting to be racked in. If you were going to get bent over for a full bore charge you would probably have someone cheaper then the dealer fix and they would get nothing. Warrany areas start to become very grey. And with DC now owning MB we all know what that has done to MB products. Quallity has gone down and is still dropping. Have you looked at all the orange peel in our paint lately? It is disgusting in my book-Look for my post regarding this I will be posting next.