SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: 2 Questions Regading The SLK 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' CLS 500
2 Questions Regading The SLK 350

My first question is for the folks with the optional cornering lamps. What is the small metal piece next to it? If you look closely right next to the cornering lamps there is another hole with a metal rod. Also, in regards to the First Aid Kit, where does it go? Mine came from the dealer with it in the trunk and also some kind of cover device. Do these screw into the back of the seats? Thanks again.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK350 - firemist red & beige interior
Originally Posted by MASA
Also, in regards to the First Aid Kit, where does it go?
Don't know the answer to the first question, even though I have the lamps. As far as the first aid kit, in my vehicle it fits into a net behind the driver's seat. Go figure. Cheers!

...Karl
Old 03-31-2005, 08:01 PM

2005 SLK350 - 2006 ML350
My first question is for the folks with the optional cornering lamps. What is the small metal piece next to it? If you look closely right next to the cornering lamps there is another hole with a metal rod. Also, in regards to the First Aid Kit, where does it go? Mine came from the dealer with it in the trunk and also some kind of cover device. Do these screw into the back of the seats? Thanks again.
MASA:
I do not have cornering lights, so no help there. I do keep my first aid kit in the trunk (my manual takes the space in the net behind the drivers seat). I also have a second first aid kit that I grabbed out of the car at the end of the Euro delivery trip and that is in the trunk as well.

Is the cover device you are talking about the windscreen that goes between the roll bars? If so, check page 243 of the US Manual...
Old 03-31-2005, 09:32 PM

06' CLS 500
Hi there, Motzkoman: How was your last roadtrip around the bay? Hope all was well. The windscreen you mention is like a net, correct? The piece I have is made out of hard plastic and has two holes so as to screw something through there. I'll go take another look and see what I come up with. Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 AM

MASA,

The rod that you see in the hole next to each fog lamp is the end of a bolt that holds the front bumper cover on. If you look into the hole, you will see a nut on each bolt. I believe that you have to remove these nuts (and I'm sure others) to remove the front bumper cover.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:38 PM

2005 SLK350 - 2006 ML350
Talking

Hi there, Motzkoman: How was your last roadtrip around the bay? Hope all was well. The windscreen you mention is like a net, correct? The piece I have is made out of hard plastic and has two holes so as to screw something through there. I'll go take another look and see what I come up with. Thanks again.
MASA:
The drive was great...check this out (quicktime movie w/ sound)...

https://home.comcast.net/~motzko/05MarSLK.mov

Could your hard plastic piece be the front license plate holder? Is it that size?

Old 04-01-2005, 03:49 PM

06' CLS 500
Thanks for the helpful information, Duo-Art. I still haven't figured out what the plastic cover is for, but I'll take some pics and post it on the board. Maybe that'll help....Nice movie, Motzkoman!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:08 PM

slk 350
I am pretty sure the plastic thing you're referring to is a front license plate bracket. I had one in the spare tire area and it fits perfectly over the front bumper. It even has screws duct taped to the back of the plastic for mounting. My state doesn't require a front license plate, so I guess they just threw it in the trunk. I'll keep it just in case I sell it someday to someone out of state. Oh, and my first aid kit was in the spare tire area in the trunk.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:00 PM

2005 SLK350
Yeah, I got lucky with the front-plate issue, too... In fact, my salesman joked that it was strictly in case I moved to a state that required front plates, and that he wouldn't sell me the car if I planned on installing it to put some silly front plate there...

It's in my closet in case I ever move to a front-plate state and can't find a better solution... I saw a few good front-plate solutions on earlier posts, though...

Oh, and yeah, my first aid kit is behind the driver's seat. I"ve never even pulled it out to look at it.