SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Stop waiting for sigma satellite antenna!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK350
Stop waiting for sigma satellite antenna!

I stopped by my old place of employment last week, and they have a new antenna that is about the size of a quarter. What's better, is that they have routinely been mounting them inside the car. If you can deal with a little bubble on the dash, or possibly on the rear deck that lifts up when you put the top down, demand it from your dealers/aftermarket integrators.

I had been waiting for the sigma antenna because I'm not going to put that big ole tumor on the exterior of my car, like it is on my VW. With this new solution, it's good enough for me. Who the hell knows when the sigma antenna will actually come out?

My plan is to buy the tuner pack from MB, and take it to my old install crew to have them do the work. Just make sure you don't buy their tumor antenna. The new small one should be available at any retailer you'd let touch a Benz. My guys are among the best in the state, and I'm very picky about who works on my cars. I would suggest you all be just as picky. I can recommend a few folks in NC, VA, SC, and southern CA if you have any questions for someone who spent 10 years in the 12V business. Other than that, you're on your own...

It'll probably be a couple of months before I can get the time to have the work done, but as soon as it is done I will post pictures.

Last edited by wil_sutton; 04-27-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK350 - firemist red & beige interior
Originally Posted by wil_sutton
I can recommend a few folks in NC, VA, SC, and southern CA if you have any questions for someone who spent 10 years in the 12V business.
Wil,

I'm in northern VA. Do you have any referrals in my area? Thanks.

...Karl
Old 04-29-2005, 01:35 PM

2005 SLK350
Audio Express in Richmond, Petersburg and Roanoke is very good, but I'm not sure how far that is from you. I know that's not exactly northern VA, but these are the people I used to work for, and I'd let them work on my car anytime... They've been around a long time and they WILL stand behind their work if something does go wrong, which is always a possibility. One of my guys destroyed a 1985 Maxima one time, and we payed the $800 repair bill when the car should have been totalled...

Anyway, hope that helps...
Old 04-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK350 - firemist red & beige interior
Thanks, Wil. Richmond's about 95 miles from me, but it'd be worth the drive to have someone who has a clue do an install.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:54 AM

2005 SLK350
While I trust any installer employed by those guys, I know all the guys in Richmond. Ask for Bill at the home audio store. He'll make sure you're done right, and he'll take good care of you... Those guys are good. I'm really, really picky about who works on my VW, let alone the Benz, and they can work on mine any time.