SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: wiring noise from rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK350
Question wiring noise from rear

I picked up my SLK350 about 2 months ago, it has now done about 1500k. Right from the start I could hear a high pitched wiring noise coming from behind me, not that loud just a little annoying. At first I thought it was the Sat Nav DVD but after ejecting the disk it was still there. On a quick trip back to the dealer to pick up the phone cradle I asked one of the service guys to have a listen. He thought it was not a problem and just the normal sound from the fuel pump or the catalytic converter.

Now 2 months on it is getting louder and more annoying. It is there when stopped and as you accelerate away it goes away but comes back when cruising or holding a steady throttle. Have not had a chance to go back to the dealer yet and let them listen again.

Anyone have any thoughts on what it may be? Thanks.

Rod...
Old 04-29-2005, 01:38 PM

2005 SLK350
I'd have that checked out right away, more than just someone listening to it. Sounds serious to me. Mine is perfectly quiet at idle and at constant speed...
Old 12-06-2005, 10:57 PM

09 C63 White/Black
Originally Posted by TDF230
I picked up my SLK350 about 2 months ago, it has now done about 1500k. Right from the start I could hear a high pitched wiring noise coming from behind me, not that loud just a little annoying. At first I thought it was the Sat Nav DVD but after ejecting the disk it was still there. On a quick trip back to the dealer to pick up the phone cradle I asked one of the service guys to have a listen. He thought it was not a problem and just the normal sound from the fuel pump or the catalytic converter.

Now 2 months on it is getting louder and more annoying. It is there when stopped and as you accelerate away it goes away but comes back when cruising or holding a steady throttle. Have not had a chance to go back to the dealer yet and let them listen again.

Anyone have any thoughts on what it may be? Thanks.

Rod...
Any updates? I just picked up my new 280 today, and heard the same sound
Old 12-07-2005, 07:11 PM

SLK350
Originally Posted by SaRiDi
Any updates? I just picked up my new 280 today, and heard the same sound
I had the fuel pump replaced but after another 2000km it is back again. I will be going back to the dealer for a long chat soon!

Rod...
Old 12-09-2005, 02:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im having the same problems, my 350 is brand new with 100miles on it. The sound is high pitched and is really annoying. Anyone else experiencing this? anyone has this solved.

THANKS
Old 12-13-2005, 02:35 AM

09 C63 White/Black
Originally Posted by alabuwada
Im having the same problems, my 350 is brand new with 100miles on it. The sound is high pitched and is really annoying. Anyone else experiencing this? anyone has this solved.

THANKS
Road-tested with the MB techician, and he said it's normal engine sound. So my solution for now is turn the radio louder to cover the noise.....if the sound getting worse, I will definitely go back and visit the dealer again