SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: European Delivery of Obsidian Black SLK350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European Delivery of Obsidian Black SLK350

Just got back from my Euro delivery. I'm new to this forum, and have never owned an MB before (Audi A4 before this).

I did European delivery and took a friend. I've got a gallery organized which makes it easier than posting images.

http://mill.telnap.com/

Last edited by echyde; 10-02-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:55 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Thanks

Thanks for posting the link. Looks like you had a fun trip and covered some interesting scenic routes. Is that "play castle" about an hour out from Innsbruck along one of the mountain routes? I was curious what it was when I drove by it last summer and found it interesting to be located where it was out in the middle of nowhere.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by northbenz
Thanks for posting the link. Looks like you had a fun trip and covered some interesting scenic routes. Is that "play castle" about an hour out from Innsbruck along one of the mountain routes? I was curious what it was when I drove by it last summer and found it interesting to be located where it was out in the middle of nowhere.
I'd say it is about 30 minutes or so from Innsbruck. It is in a town called Seefeld, and there are several castles up that way. It too made us curious, and we stopped on the way out to Munich to take a look at it. There's no way the trip could have been made without navigation. Did you get nav in yours and use it? Being able to bypass highways or redirect your route to stop for food or gas was just plain awesome, because trying to use a roadmap would have been tough.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:18 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
It may have been the same castle - though I was headed in a direction away from Munich heading toward Baden-Baden and the roadside castle we saw was on the opposite side of the road with no way to cross to the other side by the time we saw it given the oncoming traffic. Yes, we made good use of the Nav too.