SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Rear Windscreen for SLK350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK350, Mars Red - Tan Interiors
Originally Posted by Vodil
Mine arrived today. I have not tried to install it yet, but it looks like it is all there.
Vodil: Mine is still not here, and he did not respond to an email from me yesterday. Do you remember on what date you actually wired him the money?

Also, did you have to pay duty on it when it arrived? If so, how much?

Last edited by Maverick; 12-01-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SLK350
Originally Posted by Maverick
Vodil: Mine is still not here, and he did not respond to an email from me yesterday. Do you remember on what date you actually wired him the money?

Also, did you have to pay duty on it when it arrived? If so, how much?
It took many days to wire the money because of problems with the SWIFT number so I am not sure exactyl, but it was roughly 2.5 weeks from then until arrival.
I did not pay duty.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK350, Mars Red - Tan Interiors
Mine just arrived. It's beautifully engineered to install in a couple of minutes, without any drilling or bolting. Two end pieces fit into the holes in the roll bars and wrap around the bars themselves, with brackets that extend toward the middle. Then the center plexiglass snaps into place in the middle, and the pressure fit hold the whole thing in place.

Still expensive for what it is, but you have to admire the design and the quality. And it is very nice to be able to drive at night without everything behind you being totally black (through the fabric screen) except for the pinpoints of the headlights.

(The reason it took so long to get here, is that the ebay seller in Germany sent them through the regular mail, and not via DHL like he said he would.)