SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Heating package(Airscarf)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heating package(Airscarf)

I was considering the heating package option and I thought since i was living in california, and that the dealer doesn't have a car ready for purchase with the option, i got one without the heating. I did not want the wait and couldn't wait to get my hands on the car.
However, now I regretted not getting the package . Is there anyway i can have the airscarf installed onto my car? Should i go back to the MB dealer or do i have to do it myself and buy it after market? Anyway, my car is an slk 350 '06. so if there's anythig i can do about it, please tell me. thx ^^
Old 11-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW Z3 S/C & 99 Mroadster
Sure if money isnt an option. If you need it you'd be better off buying a new car.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:50 PM
-1-

SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
Originally Posted by Dukun
I was considering the heating package option and I thought since i was living in california, and that the dealer doesn't have a car ready for purchase with the option, i got one without the heating. I did not want the wait and couldn't wait to get my hands on the car.
However, now I regretted not getting the package . Is there anyway i can have the airscarf installed onto my car? Should i go back to the MB dealer or do i have to do it myself and buy it after market? Anyway, my car is an slk 350 '06. so if there's anythig i can do about it, please tell me. thx ^^
I agree, the airscraf and heated seat option would be nice to have. I recently purchased a barley used '06 without this option. My first priorities were color, NAV, & sat radio. I got those three. The two I wanted, but think I can live without were the heat package and Xenon lights. It would be cost prohibitive to try and retrofit install a "airscraft" system. When buying used or off the lot, you'll either compromise on things you want or get things you don't want or need. The ideal situation is to order your vehicle. But even then, you might regret not getting an option. Enjoy what you have. Don't look back.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by Dukun
That's why I got all the options, so there will be no second guesses or any regrets.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:00 PM

06 SLK55 AMG Firemist/Blk
Originally Posted by Ynot
That's why I got all the options, so there will be no second guesses or any regrets.
Agreed. I always buy a car that I can afford with all the options on it and don't settle for what I wish it had.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:38 PM
-1-

SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
Originally Posted by Ynot
That's solid thinking. Most of us will make compromises or cut corners to save money. There are several options I could care less about. Some are must have.